*POSSIBLE SPOILER* now I have nothing to read :-(

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

*POSSIBLE SPOILER* now I have nothing to read :-(

Postby Daffodil » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:10 am

ADDED 7/7/08 - THERE MAY BE A POSSIBLE SPOILER IN HERE IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST THREE BOOKS. SO I AM ADDING THIS JUST IN CASE. SORRY FOLKS - DIDNT MEAN TO. :)

Before I ordered Solstice I re-read the first two. I wanted to refresh my memory and also I had enjoyed reading them so much the first time I wanted to relive it all.
Well, Solstice was delivered yesterday morning and by last night I had finished it.
I normally only read in the evenings, just to get off to sleep, but these books are something else! I was so caught up in Stonewylde that several times I almost called my son Yul! (His name is Joel so you can see how easy it would have been to get it wrong!)
I had to pick my daughter up from a party and I only had one chapter left to go. While driving up the motorway I was so exhilarated - imagining I was on my way to rescue her from the Magus and bring her back to where she belonged.
This is amazing, reading the series is totally bringing me back in touch with nature and I am finding myself drawn to things I had probably neglected to think about while caught up in the rat race of work and busy busy lives.
Thank you Kit, your books are far more than just a pleasurable read, they are inspirational.
Last edited by Daffodil on Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daffodil

Postby Beantighe » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:05 am

And so say all of us!

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:09 am

Daffodil
I think you said that for all of us, very well put & with you all the way
:wink:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Queen OF Swords » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:45 am

I'm in the final chapters of "Solstice" now and am gutted that I am nearly finished :cry:

I find that I am racing through at a speed of knots (!) to find out what happens next. But at the same time, I don't want to.

Daffodil, if you are looking for something to keep you going til Kit brings out book 4, might I suggest -

Charles de Lint - www.sfsite.com/charlesdelint/index.html
Kelley Armstrong - www.kelleyarmstrong.com
Jim Butcher - www.jim-butcher.com

All have a good dose of magic!
Queen OF Swords

Postby Daffodil » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:05 pm

Thank you Queen of Swords - I will check out the links you posted.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a head full of Stonewylde right now. This forum is great, although I am in danger of using it as a way to get my 'fix' now that I have finished the series...
Daffodil

Postby Beantighe » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:25 am

No danger, sweetie - we gotta keep going somehow!

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Ebany » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Finally got around to finishing Solstice!! NOW I can safely look at this section without being afraid of coming across (unintentional) spoilers!! The ending was excellent and even though I'd figured a few things out, Kit still kept me on tenterhooks till the end!
Daffodil, you were right, you really didn't put a spoiler in there - it was just me being over sensitive - I owe you a drink next time in the Jack!!
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Daffodil » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:22 pm

No worries at all - I can totally see how it might have looked like a spoiler if you hadn't read to the end at the time.

After reading the ending I was just so fired up that everything I did took on a kind of imaginary feel and I was totally caught up in the excitment.

I'm glad you enjoyed the book and also glad that I didn't spoil anything!

All the best :D
Daffodil

Return to Stonewylde Series