Where Did You First Hear About Stonewylde?

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

Postby Lavendergirl » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:06 am

The Stonewylde series was recommended by someone on the Children of Artemis website,so I went to Kits site to see,read the first chapter of Magus and was hooked so went to Amazon and bought all 3 of the books.

Have had them for a couple of weeks but was reading a Phil Thornton book so finished that last week and have just started Magus,just up to the Beltane celebrations now,a very hard to put down book but as i'm working thought i'd best do.

Lavendergirl :)
Life should not be measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.

Postby christie » Wed May 28, 2008 10:54 am

my mum read the books after seeing it advertised in a fantasy book magazine, and then called me to tell me she wanted to lend me some books as they were that good! so glad she did!

interesting avatar

Postby cornmother » Wed May 28, 2008 11:37 am

Hi Christie (and of course, welcome to this ever expanding Stonewylde family)

Love your avatar!

Is it anywhere special?

Joy, Health, Love and Peace

Postby creature » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:14 am

I first read about Stonewylde in Pagan Dawn magazine. I just had to search you out and I then bought you through Amazon. We have a hair salon in southsea, hants and we have your flyers on our reception desk. check us out on www.nevaehhair.com. If you need anymore info about advertising in Portsmouth then give us an email. my husband is an amazing salesman and he is a huge fan!!!!! Im am always reading but this is the first time I have seen my husband read and get passionate!

Thank you!!!!!!

Bright Blessings.
Bekki. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Postby Beantighe » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:13 am

What, both at the same time? He's a talented man, your hubby! :D

Don't worry, you'll get used to me! :wink:

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken

Postby Carprimulgidae » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
not saying a word, I have had CM's brew :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Postby MoonGazy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:51 pm

I found out about The Stonewylde series through my school librarian to whom i will be eternally gratefull :lol: he found the books through a books catalouge or something of the sort! he demanded that i read it, and that i did quite willingly! i now need to buy them myself. but hooray for Libraries :D
Peace and Perfection

Postby Sorcha » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:46 pm

Ebany sort of pushed Kit's card in my hands at the Pagan Federation Converence this May. ' You must read this', he told me and I am sure he is right about that. Although I still have not received the first book. Amazon is trying a second attempt with a new copy. Hope to receive it this week :roll: !!! And then I just shut myself from this world and loose myself in the world of Stonewylde!

Blessings and love,

Sorcha :wink:

Postby Midori » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:34 pm

I can't understand a hard 'g' in Magus. The word Mage has a soft one as does the plural Magi, also the semi- hard 'g' in the thelemic Magister, and Magisterial. So, why a hard 'G' for Magus? Unless it is said like Madge-us.

Doesn't follow, logically.

Cheers, midori
Witches ride brooms because Nature abhors a vacuum!

Postby Sujee » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:39 pm

I know what you mean Midori - I have tried hard to say May-Gus in my head whilst reading but it always ends up as May-jus in the end :lol: :lol:

ah, the vagaries(?) of the English language - you gotta love 'em! :wink:
Love and Light

pronunciation of Magus

Postby cornmother » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:40 am

Hello Midori

Have a look at this thread, this was discussed at some length some time before you joined our happy band....http://www.stonewyldeforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=85
(if the link doesn't work, look for 'Pronunciation of Magus' in the Stonewylde Series forum - we didn't have the Village Green then).

Have a good weekend
Joy, Health, Love and Peace

Postby faery » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:32 am

I was browsing Amazon and Magus appeared in the 'other customers looked at' ribbon that sometimes comes up. I clicked on it, read the description, and bought it. I'd bought Moondance before starting to read Magus and quickly bought Soltice once I began to read.
The sound of a kiss is not so loud as that of a cannon...but it's echo lasts a great deal longer...

Return to Stonewylde Series