Where Did You First Hear About Stonewylde?

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

Postby solsticedreamer » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:43 am

Leanne wrote:but i'd told you that already SD! :lol:

I know but seeing it written up here tickles me...dont ask why :roll:

whats that saying...simple things....

:D
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Leanne » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Leanne

Postby doodle » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:21 pm

I never heard of Stonewylde until I was lent the books, although I do remember reading about Kit in the Dorset Echo.
doodle

Re: Hard or soft g

Postby Erykah » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:27 pm

kit wrote:[color=green]It's a hard g like in Magnus, not a soft g like in magic.

Argh, I'm still confused, even with the hard g.

May-gus, or Mag-us?
Erykah

Postby kit » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:51 pm

May-gus, dear Erykah! Remember the Magi in your school nativity plays? Singular of that, but not soft g. Or is that even more confusing?
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Erykah » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:10 pm

Got it :D

I had it until "magnus" got brought up, then got confused. It's very early in the morning here!
Erykah

Magus-Magnus-MayGus-Magigus?

Postby Carprimulgidae » Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:04 am

Thanks for educating us Kit, I too had it wrong and couldnt get Magnus out of my head until almost the end of the first book although i am sure i am border line Dyslectic all my life.
You picked the right name although it will be more difficult to pick an actor to suit the name :shock:

I was recommended the books by a friend on Myspace who was Stonewyled and I been spreading the word to everyone I can sinse, so hope sales have rocketed :lol:
Carprimulgidae

Postby Kas » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:55 pm

I saw the first two books on sale in the henge shop in Avebury. Bought them both, then ordered the third!
Kas

Postby Earthwind » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:27 pm

I first saw it in December 2007 edition of Yours Magazine for the older reader :wink:

Which then made me want to find out more about them and that is how I landed up on here - boom boom :) :D
A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside.
Love and Hugs from Earthwind (aka Jan)
Earthwind

Postby greenwitch67 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:39 pm

I first saw them advertised in the Pagan Dawn magazine .. and immediately jumped onto Amazon and ordered the 3 of them :D

Ali
greenwitch67

Postby Beantighe » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:02 pm

I first heard about the Stonewylde books on my 'home' forum - The White Goddess Discussion Forum. We have a Pagan Resources board, and people were raving about them. When I got a chance to get them, I thought I'd see what it was all about, and now I'm as Stonewylded (love that word!!!) as everybody else! It's like a drug - I just can't get enough!

We also had a member on the Druid Order of Tamaris's site who told us about them, and raised a lot of interest there, too. Actually, there's a lot of archive material been put on there, Kit, which you might find very useful and informative.

Love Beantighe
Beantighe

Postby Ebany » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:17 pm

I read the review in Pagan Dawn, was immediately intrigued, looked up the site and read the first two chapters and (after Kit sorted a small ordering problem for me) ordered the first book (signed, of course) + some cards. They arrived today, so I'm about to get stuck in!
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Firecracker » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:19 am

I'm the same as Beantighe. I actually saw the link on the White Goddess forum and the cover looked intruiging so I went to check it out. Soooo glad that I did :lol:
Firecracker

Postby sampfa » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:04 pm

I like looking up books to read on Amazon as they do a good range and found the stonewylde series and read the review for them which were very good so I looked up the name and found the site and read a couple of chapters and I'am hooked cannot wait to pick up my book and read the rest.
sampfa

Postby Kentman » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:04 pm

I found the books purely by chance whilst browsing the bookshelves in Waterstones in Piccadilly. I also found a copy of book 3, Solstice at Stonewylde, signed by Kit, the last one on the shelf which has made it extra special. :)
Kentman

PreviousNext

Return to Stonewylde Series