Stonewylde Soundtrack

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

Stonewylde Soundtrack

Postby Queen OF Swords » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:40 am

So, as well as casting the movie/ series and hiring directors and producers, we need a soundtrack :D

Kit, was/ is there any particular music you listen to while writing or that evokes Stonewylde for you, if you don't mind me asking?

And likewise my fellow villagers, is there any music that conjures up Stonewylde for you? Or that you think would go well for the "fantasy" movie soundtrack?

I borrowed a copy of "Freedom Fields" by Seth Lakeman and there is a lovely song on there called "The White Hare", which reminds me of Sylvie. The whole sound of the album is really good - folk-ey but up-to-date.

http://www.sethlakeman.co.uk/

I also like Kate Rusby, Bellowhead and Eddi Reader - they would sound fine down at the Jack.
Queen OF Swords

Postby Sujee » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:50 pm

There was a similar thread a while ago, which I began, but that was more about how we imagined certain scenes but I mentioned music (forget the name of it now).

Obvious track (scuse the pun) is Moondance by Van Morrison for Sylvie but I also would imagine that when Yul is angry that some thumping heavy metal would fit the bill nicely!!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Leanne » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:37 pm

the wolf sky by Wendy Rule is fab, that would go very well on our compilation (i must try to get some of her cd's- (something else on my must-do list!) and how about The Old ways- Loreena Mckennit?
Leanne

Postby sea sprite » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:37 pm

I like Seth Lakeman too-bought his latest CD on Friday :D

My suggestion for a song will have to be the same as my suggestion on the thread Sujee started a while ago:

'The Killing Moon' by Echo and the Bunnymen. I absolutely love that song. If I can find a link to the lyrics I'll post it.

Here we are!

http://lyrics.doheth.co.uk/songs/echo-a ... g-moon.php

The lyrics don't look that great just written down, but with the music and Ian McCulloch's voice it's very atmospheric and fits in with all the goings on in 'Solstice' :D
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Often talking about this...

Postby mrb » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:49 pm

This is one Kit and I are often talking about ... not the Killing Moon, although we both love that, but what music would bring Stonewylde alive. We have some ideas, but these keep changing :roll:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com
and the Stonewylde Village Store at www.stonewyldestore.com

Signup to the Newletter to keep in touch with progress on the Stonewylde Series. Signup at: http://www.stonewylde.com/subscribe.htm
mrb

Postby Sujee » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:57 pm

So good to hear from you Mr B!! We were starting to think that you and Kit had emigrated and not told us...... :wink:

Hope all is well Chez Vous and that you are managing to get some relaxation time in.

You should post your thoughts on the music so we can see how your minds work :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:20 pm

My choice of music is so wide and varied but for Stonewylde it has to be just right. I would go for Enya but she did LOTR and wouldn’t want it to sound the same, The Dolman with Kerry singing & playing flute (not at the same time although women can multitask unlike us blokes) would sound really wicked she has a good soft voice. Or Sinead O’Connor who sings some great songs and can have the voice of an angel at times.
So many really good artists out there, I was not going to get into this thread for that reason but it got the better of me and I got dragged in.

Jethro Tull could do some great tracks…………

Interesting to see how this one goes, keep thinking
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Beantighe » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:41 am

How about Clannad or Maddy Prior?

Will have to think some more on this one.

Oh, and I love Wendy Rule! Where can I find her CDs? Her song 'Deity' is on the album 'Best of Pagan Song' - Fab!

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Leanne » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:32 pm

i dont know beantighe- but if you find out please let me know too! :lol:
Leanne

Postby sea sprite » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:52 pm

Oh Clannad is a good suggestion Beantighe :) I love them. My husband and I entered our wedding ceremony to the 'Theme from Harry's Game'. I don't know Wendy Rule and Loreena McKennit :oops: What sort of genre are they?
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Pixiedust » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:12 pm

Miriam Stockley is very good. She's quite unheard of, but has a fab voice. she did the song at the end of tales of beatrix potter with Nimah cusack. (probably spelt that wrong). :)
Looking for the bright in the dark. xxx

http://faerienuff.blogspot.com/
Pixiedust

Postby Beantighe » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:02 pm

Sea Sprite, Wendy Rule is a Pagan Australian singer-songwriter with a wonderful,powerful voice. I absolutely love her song 'Deity'. I've just googled her name, and it took me straight to her website, with loads of samples of her songs - you can get all her CDs on CDBaby - I'm soooo tempted!!!

Loreena McKennit is Canadian, but I'm sure she's of Celtic descent, with that mane of tumbling red hair! She writes a lot of her own songs, but puts her own slant on old traditional songs too, and she has such a clear voice that sends shivers down your spine. Her music is a fusion of all kinds of instruments, from the Uillean pipes, to flutes, to Indian sitar. I'm sure if you google, you'll find her too. I've been a fan since I was first introduced to her music some 14 years ago.

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Midori » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:40 am

There are some wonderful, lesser-known Pagan groups and songsmiths out there, how about getting away from the glossy stuff and into the earthy feel for the music? Think folk songs.

Cheers, Midori
Witches ride brooms because Nature abhors a vacuum!
Midori

Postby Sujee » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:59 pm

Ooh, yes Midori. I used to see a band called The Morrigan years ago at my local pub. In those days proper music lovers owned it and we had folk, rock, world music all the time and open mikes.

The Morrigan were great but I cannot recall where they came from - will have to google them and see if they are still going....
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Leanne » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:44 pm

Beantighe. CDBaby us an american site isnt it? Have you ever ordered from them, were there any difficulties with postage/delivery times etc?
Leanne

Next

Return to Stonewylde Series