Where Did You Get Your Book(s)

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

Where Did You Get Your Book(s)

Postby mrb » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:14 am

I'm lucky. I live with Kit, so no problems getting hold of the Stonewylde books ... or indeed the next one, Solstice at Stonewylde, due out end of October 2007 :lol: . (It's brilliant by the way!)

Where did you get your copies from? Waterstones, Borders, an independent books store, a signed copy from the Stonewylde website? Let us know ... even if you stole it from a friend! :(
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com
and the Stonewylde Village Store at www.stonewyldestore.com

Signup to the Newletter to keep in touch with progress on the Stonewylde Series. Signup at: http://www.stonewylde.com/subscribe.htm
mrb

Postby custos » Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:35 pm

I bought both books direct from Kit via the website. Hopefully the personally signed 'first editions' will be valuable one day :-)
'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious'
custos

Postby Seawitch » Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:56 am

Bought both books from the Green Man bookstall at the Gathering of the Clans in the Purbecks this summer. Glad I bought them both at the same time, because once I started it was impossible to put them down and read them both within the week. Look forward to Solstice being released at Samhain.

Truly spellbinding!
Seawitch

Postby thewiccaman » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:49 pm

Like custos, I bought mine direct from the web site. I cheekily asked for signed copies and was stunned to get a personal email from Kit saying it had been done. So, once again, many thanks, Kit :)
"The path we follow is not mapped out for us but is drawn as we journey along the path."

{My Blog Site}
{My MySpace profile}
thewiccaman

Gathering of the Clans

Postby kit » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:46 pm

Hi Seawitch! Really sorry I missed you at the Gathering of the Clans. I was meant to be doing a book signing there, although I hadn't publicised this as it was all arranged at the last minute. I was particularly looking forward to meeting Prof Ronald Hutton, who's written fantastic reviews of the Stonewylde Series (see link on my homepage on the Stonewylde website) and whom I've been corresponding with for some time. By the way, his reviews also appeared in the Lammas edition of Pagan Dawn.

But ... the night before the Gathering, the rains started and that was the beginning of the flooding. Reading and surrounding areas were badly affected and there were severe weather warnings about not travelling unless vital. So on the Saturday morning of the Gathering, I wimped out and didn't go! Which was a great pity and I wish now that I had. And then I've had met you, Seawitch! Thanks so much for the lovely reviews on Amazon by the way. Don't you think that Jerry who owns the Green Man Bookstall looks like Alan Rickman? His wife, Diane, says that Alan should play the part of Magus when the Stonewylde films are made - with Jerry as his understudy. Wow - what a thought!!! I think Alan Rickman is gorgeous and my favourite role of his is as the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves. Any man in a black frilly shirt and black boots does it for me!! As you may have guessed from reading Stonewylde. :wink:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby solsticedreamer » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:48 am

I had both books (at the same time~I am impatient!) from the web site and signed :D.
I must admit to becoming very overcome when I saw Kit had signed them with my user name~this is the name I use on my blog and also its the person I 'see' myself as, if that makes sense?
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Seawitch » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:50 pm

Alan Rickman would make a delicious Magus, but not sure about him with blond hair...

Have you seen the adverts on TV for Barclaycard,with the two men on holiday - one is a numpty and the other one is blond and suave, but with a wicked edge - I think he would be a good Magus.
Seawitch

Postby thewiccaman » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:47 pm

Seawitch wrote:Alan Rickman would make a delicious Magus, but not sure about him with blond hair...

Have you seen the adverts on TV for Barclaycard,with the two men on holiday - one is a numpty and the other one is blond and suave, but with a wicked edge - I think he would be a good Magus.

If only a film were to be made! Kit?

Ok, just a thought, and in no way do I want to compare Stonewylde with HP but Jason Isaacs? Like I say, just idle supposition and anyway, you started it :lol:
"The path we follow is not mapped out for us but is drawn as we journey along the path."

{My Blog Site}
{My MySpace profile}
thewiccaman

Postby Seaslave1 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:55 pm

Amazon, bought them both at the same time and saved them for my holidays. Could not put them down and read 'em both in a week!!
Seaslave1

Postby Leanne » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:14 am

ditto! Both came from Amazon, and were read as soon as they arrived! :lol:
Leanne

Re: Where Did You Get Your Book(s)

Postby iWitch » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:20 pm

mrb wrote:Where did you get your copies from? Waterstones, Borders, an independent books store, a signed copy from the Stonewylde website? Let us know ... even if you stole it from a friend! :(

From Kit herself at the Beltane Bash (first two books) and the Halloween Festival (third book). All three are signed by Kit. :D Lucky me. :wink:
iWitch

Postby wiccan woman » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:26 am

Got both my copies from Amazon and have just started reading Magus, and am thoroughly enjoying it. will let you know what i think/who i prefer etc when i have finished xx
)O( Wiccan Woman )O(
wiccan woman

Postby Earthwind » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:36 pm

I too got mine from the website all nicely signed - thankyou so much Kit :o

I received them today December 14th 2007 but can't start them yet as I am on the last book of another trilogy :cry:

But I can't wait so will read this other book as quickly as possible. Then when I have had a chance to read them - I will give my version of a book review :oops:
A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside.
Love and Hugs from Earthwind (aka Jan)
Earthwind

Postby doodle » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:46 pm

I haven't got the first two yet, I borrowed them from my mum's friend but I have the third, signed by Kit from the Littlemoor Hardware Shop. I'll be getting the first two after Christmas from Play.com or Amazon I assume.
doodle

Postby Sujee » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:51 pm

First met Kit by accident at The Henge Shop in Avebury one sunny Sunday. I was unable to buy the books then as I had already bought some others but I was intrigued enough after our chat to contact Kit by email and then order the books from Amazon. I had wished I could have them signed and Kit very very kindly agreed to do so. In fact, as I waited for Solstice to come out, I got all three of mine signed and also some copies of Magus which I had bought for family and friends for Yule.
She is such a warm, giving person (you are a lucky man Mr B). I am now impatiently awaiting the next books........ sigh.

P.S. my sister was about to ask me if she could borrow my Magus, that she was quite over come to unwrap her very own signed copy today!

Thank you again Kit.

:D
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Next

Return to Stonewylde Series