Where Did You Get Your Book(s)

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

Postby Daffodil » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:10 pm

I intended to buy all three books and ask for them to be signed at the Halloween festival.
I was working there as a photographer and took a picture of Kit with an Owl (I hope she liked it :) )
It got so busy on the Sunday with people wanting their photographs taken that I missed the oportunity :( .
Luckily my boyfriend was able to buy them from Waterstones. They didn't have the third book though so I was going to buy that one online.
I should have bought it before I finished the 2nd one as I am now desperate to find out what happens!
Daffodil

Postby Hazelbrook » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:36 am

removed by hazelbrook
Last edited by Hazelbrook on Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hazelbrook

Postby greenwitch67 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:32 pm

I also got all my 3 books together via Amazon .. but will definitely be getting the next one via the website so that I can get a signed copy ..

Ali :D
greenwitch67

Postby Firecracker » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:25 am

I got mine from Amazon, wish I had been able to get a signed copy from the website :(
Firecracker

Postby kit » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:39 am

Sales on amazon have really exploded - now I know why!! They're ordering so many each week from my distributor, it's great. I remember you, Daffodil! A pink, long-necked thing? I mean your company, not you!! You took a lovely photo of me holding the barn owl, which we have in our living room. Weren't those owls amazing? They're so beautiful. I would absolutely love to have my own owl. Glad to hear you had a successful weekend. As for ordering books from the website - I can just about keep up with it all now, but I suspect that by the time the fourth book, Shadows at Stonewylde, comes out, the whole thing will be too big for me to cope with. We had an amazing amount of pre-orders for Solstice, and it's certainly grown a lot since last October. I'll have to make special arrangements or something for my forum members to be able to order signed copies, because I suspect that by then, we'll have stopped doing this. It's very exciting times for Stonewylde.
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Daffodil » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:41 am

Hi Kit, so kind kind of you to remember me. I'm honoured that you liked your picture so much to have it on display. I'm just sorry I didn't get time that weekend to come and find out about your books properly.
Luckily I kept in touch with the lady from Merry Meet (she was also a trader at the Halloween festival) and she told me how much she had enjoyed your books.
She also warned me not to finish the second book before I ordered the third one - oh how I wish I had listened. I will have to be patient until I can order the third book. I read the first two so much quicker than I could have imagined.
Wishing you well kit
Daffodil (Pink Giraffe :D )
Daffodil

Postby Firecracker » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:18 pm

Hi Daffodil,

I have done exactly the same thing :D I finished Moondance last week and now waiting not so patiently until payday so I can buy Solstice :lol:
Firecracker

Postby iWitch » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:00 pm

Oh Kit - yes, please. I would love to have an entire set signed, once they are all published. So, please allow the forum members to continued access to signed copies. Please.
iWitch

Postby kit » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:58 pm

Dearest iWitch - rest assured that I shall never forget my early supporters! You've been wonderful with all the reviews you've posted, cards you've handed out, and general support you've given for the Stonewylde cause. It'll be my pleasure to send you an advanced signed copy of the next book - but don't hold your breath. I'm so busy at the moment doing all the marketing stuff that I can't see when I'll ever get the time to redraft and polish the manuscript (and I know what a stickler you are about typos!!!). But one day, I promise ... :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby iWitch » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:49 am

kit wrote:I'm so busy at the moment doing all the marketing stuff that I can't see when I'll ever get the time to redraft and polish the manuscript (and I know what a stickler you are about typos!!!). But one day, I promise ... :D

You know, I could always proofread it for you? :wink: Not that I'm after an advanced copy or anything. :lol:
iWitch

Postby Pixiedust » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:32 pm

I got the whole set from Amazon at once, but then ordered a signed Magus from kit.
Looking for the bright in the dark. xxx

http://faerienuff.blogspot.com/
Pixiedust

Postby Lirazel » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:51 pm

Bought all mine from Amazon too - hadn't discovered the web site at the time :(
Seek, find, know...
Walk the way which lies between the worlds...
Lirazel

Postby sea sprite » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:46 pm

I got all mine from the website, so they're all signed :D

I can understand that if Stonewylde goes 'mainstream' then Kit won't be able to devote much (or any :( ) time to the forums, but I hope that everyone that posts on here would carry on, as it's so friendly and interesting.

sea sprite x
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby celticstar » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:44 pm

I got Magus from a friend and ordered the next 2 from Amazon wish now i knew about getting signed copies from Kit what an honour that would be
celticstar

Postby Milly » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:24 pm

I got my book (the first one) from Waterstones. It was the only one there of the series.
Raise money for your favorite charity by searching at www.everyclick.com
Milly

PreviousNext

Return to Stonewylde Series