Book reviews

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

Book reviews

Postby cornmother » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:12 pm

Having read in the News and Events page about the book review for Magus in the First Great Western new in-train magazine Go to... being the researcher that I am, I had to find out more. (The girl can't help it!) :)
Reading the small print (I always read the small print!) I see the book reviews were by Lovereading.co.uk - so natch I had to have a shufty at their web site.

And all three books have got good reviews - which is brilliant. :D

CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby Moongoddess » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:16 pm

Wonderful CM..... :lol: :lol: The more popular - the more likely a film will be made and then all of casting dreams might come true :lol: :lol:
It's great to know that they are getting good reviews out there, bet Kit's thrilled to bits :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby Sujee » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:52 pm

CM, is that in the current FGW magazine? I am a daily commuter on their trains for my sins. I shall look for a copy and leave them around the carriage open to the appropriate page!!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby cornmother » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:24 pm

Hello Sujee

It's the issue just about to disappear without trace - No. 6 (2008) - think it's the June/July/August issue. Has the cover picture of a real 1940s family with the caption Hello campers. The review is only a very short column - can scan it for you, if you like.

and my goodness, Moongoddess - you're eagle-eyed - catching this post almost as soon as I had put it on!

:)
CM
cornmother

Postby cornmother » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:46 pm

A quick scan before I'm off to bed, too.

All three books have reviews on the Lovereading.co.uk website, but this has to be good, if it's actually on a train - loads of commuters/holiday makers - we were very impressed, it's a good little mag.

CM
cornmother

Postby Sujee » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:49 pm

I shall look tomorrow morning - is this the free mag you can pick up in the stations? Usual mag size and promoting FGW (and lets face it, they need all the help they can get at the moment, I have engineering works outside my flat and this has been going on since May and there appears to be no end in sight ATM!).

Thank you for the scan CM.
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:22 pm

cornmother wrote:A quick scan before I'm off to bed, too.

All three books have reviews on the Lovereading.co.uk website, but this has to be good, if it's actually on a train - loads of commuters/holiday makers - we were very impressed, it's a good little mag.

CM

CM you are a proper detective, great find and well done.
Thanks for passing it on, any publicity being good publicity.

Carp :wink:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:35 am

There were no mags at my local station :(

Will try Reading today as we are off to Bath for a day out but our train has just been cancelled so have to wait another hour now before we can leave :twisted:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby kit » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:31 pm

You are eagle-eyed, dearest Cornmother!! Thanks for putting this up. I was delighted when I heard LoveReading were doing it. We featured in their May newsletter as one of six must-read books, which was great. As you all say, it may catch the eye of commuters and holiday-makers in general. The more publicity the better.

Incidentally, the magazine Spirit & Destiny will be reviewing Magus in their December issue. The reviewer has been in touch and she may even join this forum. Guess what? She's been Stonewylded!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Return to Stonewylde Series