A question, if I may...

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

A question, if I may...

Postby Greymalkin » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:39 pm

Now please bear in mind that I am only half way through 'Moondance' (I'm a slow reader) so please understand I am unaware of any plots that may yet arise.

Obviously this is a question I would love to hear Kit's views on (being the creator of the whole thing after all) and I'd be just as interested in everybody else's opinions as well.

I was wondering, given what we know about the laws of Stonewylde and the general pagan message of nature-worship and fertility, how do you think homosexuality would be viewed in Stonewylde?
Greymalkin

Postby Moongoddess » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:46 pm

That is a very good question :!: And I'm not really sure I'd know the answer. I think the pagan community on the whole are very broad minded, I myself know and love quite a few homosexual people. But stonewylde itself, while being pagan is a very closed community and not sure how it would be looked upon......I would like to think they were very acceptable of everyone :D
Moongoddess

Postby Sujee » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:51 pm

Ooh, that is spooky! I was only thinking the same thing yesterday on my course as there was a lovely gay couple there. I wondered how they woudl view Stonewylde if they read the books....

I agree with Moongoddess, Pagans are mostly open and non judgemental of other's lifestyle choices - be it sexuality or religion.

I wonder if it was not brought into the books because they were originally aimed at teenagers? Could have been putting the cat amongst the pidgeons when she was looking for publishers...? We will have to wait and see what Kit says next time she is on here.....
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:02 pm

Never entered my head, I treat all people as equal and I too have friends that are gay. It makes no difference, it is the person not their gender.

You may find we are a very open minded kind on here, of course I cant speak for anyone else it's just my own opinion.

PS; MrB, u realy shuld pute a spel checer on the furame. :?
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Greymalkin » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:30 pm

As a gay man myself I find that younger pagans are generally accepting, however it's a different story when it comes to much older pagans.

It all has to do with it being a fertility cult I believe.

Apparently Gerald Gardner was incredibly homophobic and in fact kicked people out of his coven when he discovered thier homosexuality.

Not so dear 'Uncle Gerald' after all it would seem.
Greymalkin

Postby Moongoddess » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:34 pm

Way I look at it......you can still be fertile and gay :!: As Carp said it's the person that counts :D
Moongoddess

Postby Greymalkin » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:45 pm

The thing is, women reach an age when they are no longer "productive", shall we say, so should they be cast out of paganism? No of course not.
We actually venerate them - and rightly so!
Just because somebody is gay doesn't mean they aren't productive, but then I suppose I would say that. :D

I was quietly hoping for a gay character to appear in Stonewylde (there's still time Kit! :D ) and actually I once had my suspicions about Clip until my friend let slip the truth about him.

Oh well, here's hoping.
Greymalkin

Postby Sujee » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:56 pm

Who knows what is to come in book 4... After all, Clip could be bi...

But then, take a look at Scott Cunningham - he did a lot to promote Wicca and Paganism and he is thought of very highly. No talk of him being kicked out of anywhere!
There are gay only covens around I believe and this is a very mutable belief system so the 'old' ideas will, rightly, be replaced with the views of the younger generations.

BTW Greymalkin, love your name, is it the name of a cat? I feel i have heard it before.....
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Ebany » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:08 pm

Interesting point Greymalkin!! I think I'd go along with the rest in thinking that it would be accepted. We are very fortunate within Paganism that people are (mostly) accepted for what they are.
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:10 pm

Greymalkin wrote:
I was quietly hoping for a gay character to appear in Stonewylde (there's still time Kit! :D ) and actually I once had my suspicions about Clip until my friend let slip the truth about him.

Oh well, here's hoping.

And where did you Buried your dead ex-friend :lol: I would be afraid to come on here looking if i hadnt read the books first :lol:

Carprimulgidae

Postby Greymalkin » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:21 pm

Sujee wrote:BTW Greymalkin, love your name, is it the name of a cat? I feel i have heard it before.....

Thanks Sujee. It was (is) the name of the cat belonging to one of the Witches in Macbeth, however in the play it's spelt Graymalkin.

I don't know why I changed the 'a' to an 'e'. Just did. :D
Greymalkin

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:35 pm

I spelt mine wrong but no one knew :lol:

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:36 pm

Sounds more English with an 'e'?! :) Although spellings do cross and criss-cross the Atlantic until we forget where they started first! :?

How do you guys quote? I tried to quote someone once and when I previewed it it was all hogwash!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Ebany » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:43 pm

Sujee, quote is easy! Select what you want to quote from the previous post, copy, click on the quote button above, paste and then click the quote again, like this:
How do you guys quote?
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Sujee » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:48 pm

Hmmm not sure if I have this right....

Nope, cant do it! I either end up with your whole post or nothing,,,, need to work on this! I know, I know.....! :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Next

Return to Stonewylde Series