WARNING SPOILER!!!! Happy, happy, happy!

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

Postby Carprimulgidae » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:46 pm

:oops: and me :roll:

more will be guilty than will admit me thinks :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Leanne » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:54 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Leanne

Postby Firecracker » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:03 pm

I'm just reading Solstice again. I went to the hospital for a glucose tolerance test this morning (because my mum is diabetic) and had a two hour wait between my first blood test and the second.

That two hours flew by and so did 7 chapters!! :D
Firecracker

Postby Greymalkin » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:27 pm

Well, you'll be glad to hear my discipline went out the window yesterday. I managed to cover four chapters in the afternoon AND get the living room ready for last night's Mabon ritual.
It would seem eeking out Stonewylde chapters is more difficult than giving up smoking.
Who'd have thought?
Greymalkin

Postby kit » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:03 pm

Delighted to hear that you cracked, Grimalkin!! I've had so many complaints from readers who say the books kept them up most of the night as they just had to find out what happened next. :lol:

I must say it was the same when I was writing. I simply couldn't stop. I was teaching full time in a school for teenagers with special needs (extremely demanding work), looking after my own sons, and writing Stonewylde. I'd often keep writing till 3 or 4 in the morning and then have to be up again at 7 for school. So you're not alone in lacking any self-discipline over Stonewylde - welcome! :lol:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Moongoddess » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: We knew you'd give in to temptation Greymalkin......! :lol: :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby Carprimulgidae » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:25 pm

Greymalkin wrote:Well, you'll be glad to hear my discipline went out the window yesterday. I managed to cover four chapters in the afternoon AND get the living room ready for last night's Mabon ritual.
It would seem eeking out Stonewylde chapters is more difficult than giving up smoking.
Who'd have thought?

I didnt think it would be long, you see Greymalkin we have all been there and done that and now even got the T-shirt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How about you, get one quick and go the whole hog :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby solsticedreamer » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:06 pm

ahh once it gets hold of you there is no way to get away :)
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Greymalkin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:00 am

Right. It's almost midnight. I'm off to bed now to read the final chapter of 'Solstice'.

Then it's all over. :cry:

No, no, I'm fine, really.

I'll let you know how I am in 24 hours.

If I live that long....

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Greymalkin

Postby sea sprite » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:31 am

How are you today Greymalkin?
I hope that you manage to resist the urge for a cigarette after finishing Solstice...

Be strong :)
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Greymalkin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:14 am

***!!! SPOILER !!!***

Yes I did, thank you sea sprite. And all I can say is...

NO! NOT MOTHER HEGGY!!!

This is why we need some prequals. Mother Heggy is Stonewyldes Yoda, she never really dies and there's so much more to see of her.
Last edited by Greymalkin on Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greymalkin

Postby kit » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:25 am

Glad you're still with us, Grimalkin! So how are you feeling today? What's the verdict then? Oh - if you feel so moved, it's great when people can put up reviews on amazon. Magus has got loads but poor Moondance and Solstice are lagging, so anything you (or anyone else) can do is a great help. Thanks! I love Mother Heggy too. I really cried. :cry:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Greymalkin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:29 pm

kit wrote:What's the verdict then?

*** !!! SPOILER !!! ***

I was completely into it all the way. I was a little disapointed with the ending however.
Obviously Magus was going to die because he'd been such a b*****d all the way through he was only ever going to end up that way, and obviously he wasn't going to be murdered by Yul because Yul was our hero and heroes never, ever actually kill anybody, but I thought Magus should have seen just how the community had turned on him.

It would have been good to have him witness the villagers protecting Sylvie while she moondanced.
Magus was such a bad baddie that he actually deserved to witness that he had already lost everything regarldess of the outcome of the confrontation between himself and Yul.

He should have been made aware how he had managed to lose the goodwill of the Villagers, the respect of most of the Hallfolk and even the loyalty of his brother and the realisation that it was all his own doing.

I did feel an opportunity was missed there to include a bit of a 'moral to the story'. :D

But that to one side it was absolutley fantastic as always Kit. I have so enjoyed these books and I'm glad I found them when I did.

You should be damn proud of yourself. :wink:
Greymalkin

Postby kit » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:55 pm

Thanks, Grimalkin - and good points too. Mmnn - moral issues. I know what you mean. A tricky one as one doesn't wish to preach, nor tie up ends too tightly. And given Magus' charisma and incredible power over his people - would they have perhaps caved in if asked to directly challenge him? I did consider that, but have a horrible feeling that he may have been able to turn them all at the last minute. Just as Clip always gave in when it came to the crunch. People like Magus are almost impossible to stand up to. The point was that the only person at Stonewylde able to do this was Yul, all the more bravely because he was alone (well, almost!) at the end. But I do know what you mean and it would have been great to see Magus really punished by realising what he'd lost through his appalling behaviour and arrogance.

Glad you were finally persuaded by your friends to read the books anyway! And great to have such a prolific person on the forum too!
kit

Postby Taz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:26 pm

:D
Glad you enjoyed it Greymalkin! Now comes the bad bit though, I felt bereft when I'd finished the final page.....and realised that book four wouldn't be out soon..... I had to take solace in a re-read and *cough* a tiny :wink: bar of chocolate :lol: :wink: !!!!
Pre-quels sound good to me............. :lol:
:lol:
Taz

PreviousNext

Return to Stonewylde Series