HALLFOLK OR VILLAGER - Which would you be?

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

HALLFOLK OR VILLAGER - Which would you be?

Postby Seaslave1 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:47 pm

So which one would you rather be, living a comfy life in the Hall or living off the land in the Village?

For me it has to be the Village. I would hate to have to leave such a beautiful place, after living and growing up there.

It is my dream to live in the back-of-beyond (preferebly near the sea) in Cornwall. All I ask for is electricity and water on tap. I would build and consecrate my own stone circle and watch the hares dance in the moonlight. Sad old sod realy, but thats my dream
Last edited by Seaslave1 on Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seaslave1

Hallfolk or Villager?

Postby thewiccaman » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:20 pm

Absolutely agree with you - a Villager's life more me. I love the thought of being shuttered away from the outside world; life is too complicated on the outside. I know it would be hard work but it'd be worth it.

I can imagine me being known as the eccentric old man who lives in the tumbledown shack at the edge of the village! LOL!

Though one proviso: I would want to able to visit the Hall to access the internet from time to time.
"The path we follow is not mapped out for us but is drawn as we journey along the path."

{My Blog Site}
{My MySpace profile}
thewiccaman

Postby blondielox31 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:46 pm

oooh I think I would love the lifestyle of being a Villager. I rarely get to actually walk around in the shade of the trees or on the grass with barefeet...I'm not allowed to wander off on my own. Or stand in the rain...*gazes wistfully out of window at the dark, dark clouds*
Deepest darkest Dorset sounds so tranquil... as long as Magus isn't there of course!
Although I think I would still need access to the wonderful entity that is the internet, I'd do without everything being electric. I would be able to live with candles and natural fires...
Dance around the things you'd miss
Sing your own song of destiny
Write your own song of will
blondielox31

DEFINITELY....villager

Postby mantasoul » Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:09 am

definitely villager would like the fresh air, and the freedom in the fields. :!:
mantasoul

Villager!!

Postby water_nymph » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:25 pm

I would definately be a villager! My hair & eyes are too dark to be Hallfolk!!
*For believers no proof is necessary, for no believers non proof is possible*
water_nymph

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:04 pm

I would be a villager as well, lovely jobs growing my veggies, making clothes, harvesting, being close to nature~fantastic :)
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:07 pm

blondielox31 wrote:
Deepest darkest Dorset sounds so tranquil... as long as Magus isn't there of course!
Although I think I would still need access to the wonderful entity that is the internet, I'd do without everything being electric. I would be able to live with candles and natural fires...

Deepest darkest dorset is tranquil blondielox31~it is almost like living in the books :wink:
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Hall or Village

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:08 pm

As one who has always worked with his hands and has a trade i am afraid I would be no good in the hall, see too many like it to want to live with or be one of them. Give me down to earth folk any day.
One book down ........... to go :D

Nice one Kit you are doing great, my sister in law wanted to borrow mine but i made her buy her own :? was it selfish, no i think not just trying to get your sales up :D

x
Carprimulgidae

Postby Leanne » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:11 am

Villager too, without a doubt!! :lol:
Leanne

Would be Magus

Postby mrb » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:06 pm

Being hallfolk sounds exquistely idyllic!

Who could really forgo the attraction of a black marble bathroom with onyx and jade accessories with gold fittings and a servant to draw a bath for me? Not only that, but I would experience the pleasure of being served all my meals in the dining hall and my very comfortable life would be very well supported by all those villagers in hidden jobs, "below stairs" ... what's more ... I would have access to the Internet to order the Stonewylde series of books and also to post to the Stonewylde forum ... judging from the previous replies from "would be" villagers, I may be the only one on there!
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com
and the Stonewylde Village Store at www.stonewyldestore.com

Signup to the Newletter to keep in touch with progress on the Stonewylde Series. Signup at: http://www.stonewylde.com/subscribe.htm
mrb

Postby Leanne » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:43 am

do you not think the novelty wouldnt soon wear off though? wheres the satisfaction of achievement?

the villagers may lead a harder life, but i bet they get more satisfaction from it. I bet they are a lot healthier too! :)
Leanne

What novelty???

Postby mrb » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:02 pm

What novelty? I'm Hallfolk ... it's my right! What's more, I have aspirations too. I am well read, educated and can travel far and wide to broaden my experience. Surely a Villager's (all be them governed) aspirations, are somewhat less and therefore more easily achievable? :wink:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com
and the Stonewylde Village Store at www.stonewyldestore.com

Signup to the Newletter to keep in touch with progress on the Stonewylde Series. Signup at: http://www.stonewylde.com/subscribe.htm
mrb

Postby Taz » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:47 pm

Villager :wink: !
Taz

Postby doodle » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:42 pm

This is difficult to choose from, I love learning and if I lived in Stonewylde being a Hallfolk would give me a better oppotunity to achieve academically, and the freedom of leaving and travelling would suit me. But it's the arrogance and the snootiness of the Hallfolk that puts me off, whilst Magus claims Stonewylde on a whole is a community, it's the Villagers that are truly the community. They have respect for one another so I think personally I would settle on being a outsider, rather than be either one.
doodle

Postby Leanne » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:30 pm

SO, up til now, MRB is the only hallfolk in our particular stonewylde, with the occasional visit from Doodle as an outsider! :lol:
Leanne

Next

Return to Stonewylde Series