HALLFOLK OR VILLAGER - Which would you be?

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

So ... no challengers yet?

Postby mrb » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:39 pm

So ... there are no other Hallfolk to join me or even challenge me for Magus' appartments? Perhaps as the books spill over into mainstream I will get some company? :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com
and the Stonewylde Village Store at www.stonewyldestore.com

Signup to the Newletter to keep in touch with progress on the Stonewylde Series. Signup at: http://www.stonewylde.com/subscribe.htm
mrb

Re: HALLFOLK OR VILLAGER - Which would you be?

Postby iWitch » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:09 pm

Seaslave1 wrote:So which one would you rather be, living a comfy life in the Hall or living off the land in the Village?

The Village - I could really do with keeping away from any access to the outside world. :D
iWitch

Postby custos » Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:20 pm

I guess the truth is than none of us 21st century folk would really be able to accept the concept of the near feudal system of Stonewylde and I suspect that in reality most of us would prefer to be visitors rather than residents. It remains to be seen in the next two books as to what will happen now that an 'outsider' is partner to Magus!
'The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious'
custos

Postby Erykah » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:14 pm

Would have to say I'd be joining Mr B as Hallfolk! I like my creature comforts, and couldn't live without the internet, etc. Plus, I'd still be able to visit the village and rest of Stonewylde whenever I wanted - it's the best of both worlds really.

Plus I look like Hallfolk. Ok, admittedly the hair's had some help, but the grey eyes are all my own ;)
Erykah

At last ...

Postby mrb » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:27 pm

At last someone else who believes in the comforts of Stonewylde! :wink:
Welcome Erykah.

Signup to the Newletter to keep in touch with progress on the Stonewylde Series. Signup at: http://www.stonewylde.com/subscribe.htm
mrb

Postby Leanne » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:07 am

I couldnt have chosen anything but villager. My eyes are blue but my hair is long and very dark, and I am slightly partial to a drop of cider, home made or otherwise! (well i do live in Somerset!)
Leanne

Postby Erykah » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:01 pm

Of course, if you were all villagers, you wouldn't be able to use the internet to post on this forum - or even have been able to read the books at all! ;)
Erykah

Postby iWitch » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:55 pm

Erykah wrote:Of course, if you were all villagers, you wouldn't be able to use the internet to post on this forum - or even have been able to read the books at all! ;)

Were I living in Stonewylde, that probably wouldn't bother me. Mind you, we don't know what's going to happen if it comes under new management, do we? :wink:
Last edited by iWitch on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iWitch

Postby wiccan woman » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:53 pm

A Villager, even though it would be hard work it would be worth it, it must be really good to live somewhere like that and not have to worry about the stress and strains of the modern world........yes i could definatley live somewhere like that :wink:
)O( Wiccan Woman )O(
wiccan woman

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:42 pm

sorry MrB, looks like your going to be on your own in the hall. i know there was another to join you but you'll soon get bored :lol:

who would want central heating when they could have a real log fire..... apart from my wife that it (by the way, we have central heating-i know my place)
as far as the internet is concerned, i too would miss it at first but there is much more to life which you only realise when you really break away from it all and take stock
spend tonight on a mountain looking at the full moon in the cold and you will see what i mean. maybe its because i dont think when i am out in the wet & cold of "getting back home to the warm house" I prefure to be out than in, always have & hope I always will (except my bones ach and i am getting older) :wink:

Where ever you be I hope your all happy (even iwitch who just spoilt the end fo me, I havent finished 3rd book yet) only joking :lol: :lol:

:D
Carprimulgidae

Postby Kas » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:35 pm

Definatley villager!
Kas

My Godness

Postby mrb » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:29 pm

My goddess ... so many villagers to rule over! :twisted:

Mr.B

mrb

Postby Daffodil » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:05 pm

I would have to be villager. I do love reading and writing and the internet is a big part of my life and business, but the thought of living like the villagers is just too lovely to pick hallfolk.
Daffodil

Re: My Godness

Postby iWitch » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:17 pm

mrb wrote:My goddess ... so many villagers to rule over! :twisted:

Until there is a revolution - yes. :twisted:
iWitch

Postby Firecracker » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:31 pm

Lol :lol:

In my life I am probably more Hallfolk, I do like my comforts like internet etc.

But I think I am a villager at heart. I would love making real fires & having a job somewhere outdoors. It all sounds very hard work but so rewarding.
Firecracker

PreviousNext

Return to Stonewylde Series