Oh my!

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

Oh my!

Postby Here_Be_Dragons » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:10 pm

I have just finished reading Solstice, almost 2 weeks to the day that I started reading Magus.

What can I say, Kit?? Wow!

I cried, again, near the end because of the loving and giving at the ceremony (being cryptic to avoid spoilers for anyone who hasn't read the book yet - if that is you then haste ye on and do so!)

My head has been filled with Stonewylde for the last 2 weeks, this afternoon has been extra special. I have been transported to a very special place which will stay with me for a very long time.

I will re-read the books, but I will wait a while as what I need and want to do now is sit somewhere on or near the Green, in sight of the Yew and the Jack, and watch the people of Stonewylde rejoice and get on with their lives.

This is the first time I have read a book, or books, in the knowledge that a whole community of folk have already been completely absorbed by the magic created by someone with a great gift. It is an amazing experience!
Here_Be_Dragons

Postby Taz » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:14 pm

:D
Taz

Postby sea sprite » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:45 pm

I don't know if you know, Here Be Dragons, but there are 2 more books to come, so the magic is not completely over yet! :D

I think I'm due a re-read as I discovered the books in February/ March of this year :)
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Greymalkin » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:53 pm

I think we can rest assured that HBD has been well and truly Stonewylded. Welcome aboard!!!

Kit, if you're reading this I need more postcards please!!! - LOTS more!!!
Greymalkin

Postby Moongoddess » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:54 pm

We'll be starting a new thread soon...Stonewylders Samaritans.

My name's Moon Goddess and I feel bereft now book 3's finished and another wont be out until the summer solstice.....please help me.....I can't carry on :cry: :cry:
Moongoddess

Postby Here_Be_Dragons » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:18 pm

Thank-you Seasprite, I did know that and can't wait! But if I hadn't then you telling me could have saved my sanity!

Greymalkin, I have indeed been well and truly Stonewylded! My head is still full and I don't feel quite 'with it'. Some might say 'no change there then!' ;)

Moongoddess, Stonewylders Samaritans seems like a very good idea to me, please be sure to let me have the number if that gets set up.

Taz, :D right back at you!

I have no idea what to do at bedtime now. I am certainly not ready to begin reading anything else. I will probably revert to listening to music - I find that I am either in music listening or reading mode, never a mixture because each activity needs mu full attention. Having said that. I got the recent Morcheeba CD - Dive Deep - for my birthday as well as the books and they will always be linked in my mind.

ps - the only benefit of having finished all the books is that I can now read all the other threads without worrying that I will come across (unintentional) spoilers!
Here_Be_Dragons

Postby Sujee » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:50 pm

HBD - I have read them three times now and find something I missed every time. REad them again soon and you will find little things you missed in the excitement the first time.

I have left them now and will re read after Christmas and up to the book 4 launch, but am reading James Herbert's 'Once' now about the Fae.... lovely.
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:07 pm

HBD
what can i say except told you so :lol: I didnt want to say too much but knew you would shed the odd tear :wink: and now your at the same stage as us lot of sad people :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

glad you liked it and sure to be read again.
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Seaslave1 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:06 pm

I made the mistake of starting Magus again, and the house it a tip. Husband starving, kids neglected, Ironing piled high (get the picture).

Oh the place of bones and death, it haunts me now as we speak! Poor Yul.........

The torment is killing me, as I know whats going to happen, but it cant come fast enough. I HATE JACKDAW!!!!!!!!!!!!........................................

AND ALWYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND MAGUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND MIRANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND BUZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND CLIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (although I know he will redeem himself later)

so much hate and despair,I wonder if its the effects of Quarrycleave.

Must hurry and finish...................... :cry:
Seaslave1

Postby Here_Be_Dragons » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:39 am

Sujee, I think I am going to have to read them again soon... I took them all upstairs with me last night and read the blurb over and over :roll:

Carp, you were indeed right - it isn't often that a book moves me to tears but I had such a vivid image of the ceremony at the end of Solstice. It reminded me of other ceremonies and events that I have attended.

Seaslave1 - ((((hugs)))) I felt all those things as well, it was hard to cope :(
Here_Be_Dragons

Postby Leanne » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:45 am

Yep, well and truly stonewylded! :D
Leanne

Postby Taz » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:26 am

Re-reading is sweet torture but well worth it for all those little bits you miss the first, second, third or even fourth :oops: time around!
Also torture is being with friends who haven't finished book 3 yet and who talk about what they think might happen :lol: . At Mabon I don't know how I stopped myself from blurting out the truth when a certain young man chatted about how the book might end. I was so glad when he'd finished it and I didn't have to stay quiet anymore: when book 4 comes out we have to have a pact Greymalkin, or we'll cause chaos!
I think we all get an enormous amount of joy to know that others have enjoyed the books as much as we have and, it's good to know that the Stonewylde family is getting bigger!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Taz

Postby Greymalkin » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:12 pm

Well, shock horror!!!

I got my Mum to dish out a few postcards when she went to the London hospital last week and afterwards asked me if she could borrow them.

I don't think I have ever seen my Mum read fiction, like me she's a factual fan, but she really seems to be enjoying them.

And I get all the "I think this will happen, I think that will happen" and if she continues I will just blurt the lot out to shut her up.
Greymalkin

Postby Taz » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:41 pm

:lol:
No!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Taz

Postby kit » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:21 pm

Here be dragons - thank you for the lovely things you've said, and I'm so very glad that the Stonewylde experience was good for you. Thank you in fact to everyone for the wonderful things - can't tell you how happy it makes me feel. Greymalkin - that's great that your mum is reading the books! Hope she enjoys them. And thanks about the cards too. And please thank her.

When I read all the lovely stuff you write about Stonewylde I think "oh-oh, hope they'll all like book four as much!" But the very few people who've read the current draft of the manuscript have enjoyed it a lot. My son Olly thinks it's the best one yet, and Mr B read it on our honeymoon (!) and loved it. So fingers crossed! But when I read praise like you've all posted, I realise I've got so much to live up to now. Scary!! :shock:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Next

Return to Stonewylde Series