"Shadows ..."(Spoilers re: "Solstice @")

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

Postby sea sprite » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:42 pm

I finished 'Solstice' last night, so can now read and add to this thread!

Like many other people, I thought that Martin could be the other brother, although I also thought it could be Prof Siskin too, although he's a lot older than Sol and Clip, so not sure how that would work.

I really hope that 'Shadows' carries on from the ending of 'Solstice', as it would be interesting to see how Yul would handle taking over the running of Stonewylde. I've just got this horrible feeling that we haven't heard the last of Magus... :(

I hope that Sylvie and Yul stay together and that that meddling Holly leaves Yul alone!

Oh, I can't wait for the next book. Stonewylde just seems so real to me and I feel lost without it! I'm just going to have to keep re-reading the books! :lol:

sea sprite
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Firecracker » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:43 pm

I know how you feel hun!! I have just started re-reading Magus.
Firecracker

Postby Carprimulgidae » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:36 pm

Yes, I think most of us feel we could be there it does feel real to me, Kit did a very good job in the fine details in all three books, maybe this is why I am drawn to Stonewylde like no other or is it just me :?
I am sure I would look at it different if I was stuck in an office all my life, (I couldnt cope with that) being out in the elements has it's plus side :lol:
Even though it has taken it's toll I would never change anything, I am a bit like old Siskin :lol: or as I imagine him.
Carprimulgidae

Postby Pixiedust » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:14 pm

I think the other brother was Martin. Whilst we're on the subject of questions here's mine...

Why was Miranda so calm and OK about the fact of Clip being Sylvie's father. After all she was raped at 15 and seemed traumatised. Did Clip Hypnotise her? :?:
Looking for the bright in the dark. xxx

http://faerienuff.blogspot.com/
Pixiedust

Postby Firecracker » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:52 pm

Hmmm, good question Pixiedust! I imagine that most people would not be so accepting of someone who had raped them. Especially as her parents treated her how they did.
Firecracker

Postby Felicity » Mon May 12, 2008 3:19 pm

Just reread Moondance (again!)

More on the Martin/brother thread: When Cherry and Marigold are called to see Martin after they gossip about Buzz's banishment, Martin talks about when Violet became pregnant by 'Hallfolk'. Could this have been either Basil or Elm? This might explain why, as Martin says Violet was 'honoured' by getting pregnant (especially as she was hoping to become the next Wise Woman after Mother Heggy).

Also: if Martin was conceived in this way BEFORE Raven had Clip, then wouldn't Martin be the heir, supplanting both Yul and Sylvie (Magus and Clip's children)? How would that play out?

Oh, the tension!!!!
Are we human because we gaze at the stars or do we gaze at them because we are human? And do the stars gaze back - now that's a question!
Felicity

Postby sea sprite » Mon May 12, 2008 7:10 pm

Ooh, good idea, Felicity. Noooooo, Martin musn't be the heir to Stonewylde! :( It's Yul's destiny :lol:

I need book 4!!!! Sorry Kit :oops:
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Seaslave1 » Tue May 13, 2008 8:34 am

C'mon Kit, we're all here waiting in the ball-park for the figure (date) for the next book.

Can't you give us a teeeny-weeeny clue???? (Imagine me on my knee's, hands clasped together in a desperate pose) :cry: ... Pleeeeeeeeeeezzz!
Seaslave1

Postby solsticedreamer » Tue May 13, 2008 5:16 pm

felicity i thought that too about martin being the heir~can you imagine, too dreadful to think about...but book 4 might help us :wink: :)
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby MoonGazy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:07 pm

However much i hope that Yul is a succesful Magus i just feel as if he is too young to run a community and one that functions like Stonewylde, he has Green Man powers but that won't stop the Hallfolk from discriminating, i think that Holly who quite fancies Yul will cause some trouble between Yul and Sylvie, she has made a stir before and now Yul bieng the Magus and having the eyes of all the women of Stonewylde and bieng quite handsome himself, thats trouble brewing already! also Yul bieng illetarate, is something that i think will make him fall in the eyes of the Comunity or the Hallfolk to be precise. The secret brother? i have no idea but if it means 'shadows at stonewylde' i am worried! I think that the death of the Magus was inevitable. especially as the Villagers expected it but i think that if the Villagers intergrate with the Hallfolk then its a revelution. Sylvie is still very naive i doubt that her wish to bring the Outside Hallfolk back to Stonewylde is riddiculous and as there is no financial help again i agree with iWitch and Miranda? she will have to carry the child of the evil Magus,uch! Clip is a shaman and a very weak character i doubt that he will remain with Miranda knowing that she caries his half brothers child but he is a traveler and problabely wil not remain at Stonewylde i really hope that Sylvie and Clip get to know each other better though, that would be nice, but i doubt nice is what Kit has in mind for 'Shadows'. Will Stonewylde Survive? ofcourse as the next book is already written, its obvious but i am so dreading it, The ending of 'solstice..' was poised at a happy ending! dear god i'm all jittery
Peace and Perfection
~Khansa~
MoonGazy

Postby MoonGazy » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:09 pm

PIXIEDUST!! i didn't even think of that! Did Clip hypnotise Miranda.. in the long run it was helpful but still!! OMG.. she was raped she shouldnt have been so calm//
Peace and Perfection
~Khansa~
MoonGazy

Postby Sujee » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:44 pm

Just something else to casually throw into the mix..... :wink:

I am re-reading the books and this time I noted Mother Heggy's questioning of Yul (on his first visit) about the 'little maid' which was born to his family. He thought she meant Rosie but she was referring to Leveret...
Leveret features quite a bit - bullied by her brothers (who look like Alwyn) and Kit refers to her dark hair more than once when she describes her.

I wondered if Maizie and Magus had another 'moon' time together...? Kit says that Yul has a different colouring to the Villagers, who mainly have brown hair, with his dark looks and hair and now we know his parentage - this leads me to think that maybe Leveret is going to be quite important in the books to come. :wink:

Just my view but I wondered what you folk think of this theory? :D
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby MoonGazy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:29 pm

Martin can't be the third brother oh God no! its possible.. yeah and i agree that there problabely will be more on the whole Voilet, Vetchling thing, she has evil potions, and we all know Martin and the Hallfolk hate Yul. just thinking... Shadows at Stonewylde.. Magus is definately dead yeah? :?:
Peace and Perfection
~Khansa~
MoonGazy

Postby solsticedreamer » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:50 pm

oh moongazy we are all going crazy waiting for the next book to put us all out of our misery :lol:
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Beantighe » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:41 pm

Even if we are way off-beam (which I doubt in many cases) it looks very much to me as if we've given Kit a great deal of food for thought for another book after the 5th?????????????????!!!!

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

PreviousNext

Return to Stonewylde Series