who could play Magus

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

who could play Magus

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:24 pm

Kit,
Why have i got this vision of Magus it is surely Christopher Lee :lol:
must have been all the Hammer Horror films in the late 60's early 70's.

do you think he would have been the ideal MAGUS???????????

everyone please let me know what you think & your fav actor to take the part.
Carprimulgidae

Postby Erykah » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:16 pm

I've always thought someone like Daniel Craig would make a good Magus. :)
Erykah

Postby iWitch » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:48 pm

Ralph Fiennes or Lawrence Fox would probably do the role justice. :wink:
iWitch

Postby wiccan woman » Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:46 pm

I agree with you Carprimulgidae Christopher Lee would make a really good Magus.
)O( Wiccan Woman )O(
wiccan woman

Postby kit » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:50 am

Is Christopher Lee still alive? If he is, he's well into his eighties I think. I bet you're thinking of the original Wicca Man film, where he plays the Lord. I can't remember it that well - a long time since I saw it - but I know he played the lead role, and of course his position was very similar to Magus' in the community. I'm sure I was influenced by that film. I also loved him as Dracula in all those Hammer Horror films. I found the whole concept of Dracula very exciting - and again, I think some of the concepts in Stonewylde, particularly in Moondance, where Magus drains Sylvie's magic, are reminiscent of vampirism.

I used to dream of Jonny Depp playing Magus, but that was only because he's so gorgeous and I thought that then I'd get to meet him! :oops: But it's been pointed out to me (by Mr B of course) that Jonny is too small for the role. Magus is meant to be tall and very muscularly built. Pity Jonny's too old for Yul - that would be brilliant. Oh - and I always imagine Bill Nighy as Clip.
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

HOw about?

Postby Felicity » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:43 am

Toby Stephens, can be very cruel looking and charismatic- perfect for Magus.
Are we human because we gaze at the stars or do we gaze at them because we are human? And do the stars gaze back - now that's a question!
Felicity

Postby iWitch » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:13 pm

kit wrote:Is Christopher Lee still alive? If he is, he's well into his eighties I think.

Yes. And still working. You might have seen him in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy as Saruman?

kit wrote:I used to dream of Jonny Depp playing Magus,

I dream of Johnny Depp all the time. :lol:

kit wrote:But it's been pointed out to me (by Mr B of course) that Jonny is too small for the role. Magus is meant to be tall and very muscularly built.

I think you will find they don't bother about that these days. Look what they did for Rodrigo Santoro in 300. He was made (digitally) over 7ft 5in in the movie to overshadow littled ole Gerry Butler.

kit wrote:Oh - and I always imagine Bill Nighy as Clip.

Yup. That's a good choice.
iWitch

Postby Taz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:44 pm

I quite like that bloke in Spooks, his name is Rupert Penry-Jones: blonde, suave, good looking but with a subtle air of menace, I can picture him as Magus! I quite like Gary Oldman too......... :wink:
If Orlando Bloom was a little younger he might make a good Yul.
There's a girl in the new Harry Potter film, she's blonde, ethereal looking and plays the part of Luna: she might be ok as Sylvie.
:lol:
Taz

Postby iWitch » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:05 pm

Taz wrote:There's a girl in the new Harry Potter film, she's blonde, ethereal looking and plays the part of Luna: she might be ok as Sylvie.
:lol:

Evanna Lynch, who now has her own Wikipedia entry.
iWitch

Postby kit » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:11 am

On the road is on the TV (which we don't normally watch but it's still on since the football!) and I suddenly thought - What about Ewan McGregor??? (I always seem to choose men I fancy!!). :oops: He's so attractive, with a very strong face and the right sort of physique. Blond his hair a bit, give him dark contact lenses - I think he'd be great! He's certainly sexy and charismatic enough to be believable in the role, with all the women falling at his feet and silly Miranda mooning about him. Now I keep looking at him and thinking yes, yes, yes - he'd be just right.

When are we going to find a film company then? After the article went out in the American Associated Press back in July when I was named as one of the most likely authors to create "the next Harry Potter" (still don't know where they got that from) we had an enquiry from New Line asking if the film rights had been sold yet. They're the company I believe who did Lord of the Rings (and fell out with Peter Jackson) and also have done the Golden Compass, which I can't wait to see! We got very excited but haven't heard anything since. Still, I'm sure it will happen. Maybe I should write to Ewan and send him a book! :D And iWitch - your post made me laugh - dreaming about Jonny Depp all the time! Every year one of my sons buys me a JD calendar!
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby iWitch » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:37 pm

kit wrote:And iWitch - your post made me laugh - dreaming about Jonny Depp all the time! Every year one of my sons buys me a JD calendar!

Did you know that Tesco are doing a Pirates of the Carribean advent calendar? Pictures of Johnny Depp, Orlando Bloom and 24 days of chocolate. Hmmmm ..... :lol:

BTW, you can contact Ewan through his Long Way Down website. :wink:
Last edited by iWitch on Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iWitch

Postby Sujee » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:44 pm

I am liking the suggestions so far for the film - ah, let's hope all our wishes in this regard are heard...

Is very tricky one this! There are so many great actors out there who I desire, but not all of them suitable. :wink:

I think Clip needs someone quite willowy and thin - David Thewliss maybe (with hair extensions)? :lol:

For Magus/Sol I would choose the man who played Lucius Malfoy in HP - forget his name so he may have already been suggested. :twisted:

For Yul - this is very hard as I have such a strong mental picture of him that I shall keep an eye out for whoever looks like that, could be a total unknown which would be a daring move. :shock:

For Sylvie - the idea of the Luna Lovegood actress is a good one, she is elfin enough in real life! :)

I look forward to seeing more suggestions...

BB
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby doodle » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:59 pm

Sujee wrote:I think Clip needs someone quite willowy and thin - David Thewliss maybe (with hair extensions)? :lol:

For Sylvie - the idea of the Luna Lovegood actress is a good one, she is elfin enough in real life! :)

BB

I totally agree with these two, but I'm finding it hard to decide on a Magus. I really only imagine evil guys with dark hair [if he was darked haired I'd of picked Richard Armitage, :D ]. There are lots of blonde actors but they are too pretty, not handsome enough for Magus.
doodle

Postby Seawitch » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:17 pm

I like Jonny Depp and think he'd make a good Yul, but there's another actor who would also be good for that part - don't know his name but know the face, so I'll come back to that when I find out his name.

Re Magus - I reckon Orlando Bloom would be good for this part. I hear he's quite tall, and as you may have noticed he's good looking and suits blond hair. He could carry the charisma of Magus, but also be quite menacing when it suited. So my vote is with him.

(Although, having said that, I still think that blond chap in the Barclaycard advert would make a good Magus, although I don't know anything about him.)

Seawitch
x
Seawitch

Postby Taz » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:00 pm

The guy in the 'Highlander' tv series, Adrian Paul, is gorgeous but I don't know if he could be menacing in a bad way :lol: and I'm not sure about him being able to carry off a blonde look! I'm quite drawn to the idea of Ewan MacGregor now though ......... :wink: and I was watching Rupert Penry-Jones again (just for research purposes :lol: ) and he is very good looking and quite scary at times. I can see how Orlando might be good as Magus too, he can definitely carry off the blonde look and in '......Worlds End' he had filled out and looked scrumptious (note to self: stop drooling :lol: ): I can still picture him as a tortured Yul if he were younger. How about Kate Winslett as Miranda if she put some red back into her hair: she can 'do' feisty as well as drippy!
I like the idea of David Thewlis as Clip! Johnny Depp.........................sigh........................ :wink:
Taz

Next

Return to Stonewylde Series