Who's your favourite character in the Stonewylde Series?

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

Who's your favourite character in the Stonewylde Series?

Postby kit » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:56 pm

Lots of readers have told me who they like best in the series - so let's share this! I want to know which character you enjoy most, and why. I think you'd be surprised to know that mine is Magus. I love his perfection and his flaws - he's such a contrast of good and evil, and so very arrogant. I also love Professor Siskin! Such a dapper little chap. Over to you ...
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com

Fave character

Postby Gorgana » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:28 pm

I have only just started to read Magus of Stonewyld, but have to say that I think Yul is a fantastic character. I may change my mind later in the book, but I think he is great.

Mother Heggy Does It For Me

Postby mrb » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:53 pm

I have to say that the old crone, Mother Heggy, is my favourite character. I love the way Kit describes her in her smoke filled dank cottage with all its so well described accoutrements; the rocking chair, the "Book of Shadows", the range with its pots bubbling away ... and of course her familar, the crow. It puts me right there in her presence. She has a kindly yet malevolent feel about her. The way she goes about her "business" puts her on a different plane to the others. She never ventures from her cottage but seems know everything that is going on in Stonewylde with her all seeing eyes ... even though she is nearly blind! Oh yes ... don't forget Mother Heggy. :twisted:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com
and the Stonewylde Village Store at www.stonewyldestore.com

Signup to the Newletter to keep in touch with progress on the Stonewylde Series. Signup at: http://www.stonewylde.com/subscribe.htm

Very difficult but:

Postby Felicity » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:27 pm

I love Miranda, in both novels. I just feel so sorry for her and sympathise with her so much. I never feel like she 'gets' Stonewylde and for her to watch Sylvie get singled out must be hard.

I also have to put in a vote for Rosie, Yul's sister. If I was at Stonewylde, I'd be her.
Are we human because we gaze at the stars or do we gaze at them because we are human? And do the stars gaze back - now that's a question!

Postby Lesley » Tue May 01, 2007 10:25 pm

Mother Heggy is great - any friend of crows is a friend of mine! (and so nice to find a book where crows are not 'evil') Have to say that Magus is a wonderful character - found myself really really disliking him by Moondance but he's very charismatic so always kind of fascinating. I'm also enjoying the interactions between Magus and Clip - I feel there's a lot more to happen there!

Postby Bev » Thu May 03, 2007 2:04 am

My favorite charecter is definately Yule. He is the hero after all lol.
He has strong charecter and shows little fear. He is beautiful and full of love for his girl.
I am very interested to find out what happens next?
Oh well it's a surprise! :?:
Blessed Be *Bev*

Postby water_nymph » Thu May 10, 2007 3:18 pm

I would have to say Sylvie. I don't know why but I can kind of relate to her. Feeling sickened by living in the city, she is small and fragile (as many say I am) and I just love her moongaziness!! :)
*For believers no proof is necessary, for no believers non proof is possible*

Postby zippy » Thu May 24, 2007 7:12 pm

ihave two yul becuase he is overcomingthe odds andmost definatly mother heggy a true wise woman thank you kit

ps will post pictures of magic and pumpkin if you want me too

Postby SilverBullet » Tue May 29, 2007 12:00 pm

The main characters are never usually my favourite - I usually like a character that you hardly even hear about - but I do love Yul. He's brilliant, and I always feel so sorry for him! He's just a wonderful character overall really....
"A man without wings, is a man without an imagination."

Postby blondielox31 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:39 pm

My favourite character is Yul. He has such a strong presence and has incredible resilience to all the evil in his life - 'They'd never, ever break him'. I really like that line; it shows his determination and spirit.

Postby Seaslave1 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:39 pm

It has to bee Sylvie for me, as I explained in my introduction, but ever-so- slowly I am turning into Mother Heggy although my husband says I can be an old crow at times too :shock: .

Postby thewiccaman » Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:24 pm

Hmmm, hard to decide. I have immense feelings for Sylvie and Yul. I like the charisma of Magus too.

But if I could choose only one, I would have to say Clip: I love his other-worldly manner and his deep power although there I have some concerns but won't say more than that :wink:
"The path we follow is not mapped out for us but is drawn as we journey along the path."

{My Blog Site}
{My MySpace profile}

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:26 pm

Yul for me as well, I can feel his power come off the pages almost.
I feel sorry for Miranda.
Clip I am facinated by and hope his humanity wins over Magus' unhumanity (the horrid images of Sylvie being forced on the rock is very disturbing)
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart

Postby Leanne » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:12 am

All the characters are so believable, Kit has created a real cross section of humanity with characters from all personality types.

Magus is mesmerising and you cant help falling a little bit under his spell! What is it about the atrraction of 'bad' boys!!! He is so charismatic.

Sylvie is wonderful, with her moon gazy vulnerability, but at the same time her strong will.

Miranda- at times i want to give her a cuddle and atothers give her a slap!!

but favourite has to be Yul I think. the imhumanity he suffers, yet he grows strong as a result. I love his green man connection, that really draws me. And the descriptions of his transformation from boy to man- he is a strong masculine figure, and as such is becoming very attractive, even if he is only 15 :oops: :lol:

Postby Polly » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:44 am

I really like Yul. As the books progress there seems to be so much more to Yul - a very deep character with hidden depths.

Return to Stonewylde Series