ebooks

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

ebooks

Postby Witchypoo » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:11 am

I was wondering, is there any chance of the Stonewylde tales coming out in ebook format?
I must have been a very good girl this year, cause I'm getting a Reader for Yule :D , and it would be great to have the tales in that format to carry round with me.
Witchypoo

Postby kit » Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:58 am

Hi Witchypoo! Yes definitely. I'll look into it properly now. There is so much to do! I'll keep you posted on progression with it and maybe you could be the first one to get Stonewylde on e-book!

After Greymalkin's suggestion about podcasts on another thread, I've been looking into that too and definitely want to go ahead. There's a site called Podio Books or something like that where you can make your podcasts available to people. It's free for the reader, so we thought we might do just Magus on that (to whet people's appetites!). And where it's free nobody expects a professional recording as they do with normal audio-books you buy. Apparently you can record at home with only a minimum of outlay on some equipment. Obviously you want the quality to be as good as possible, but you avoid those really expensive studio costs which is what's put me off up till now. So I'm really keen to do that sometime next year. It's just a question of not enough hours in the day - still working on books 4 and 5 of course.

Thanks for your suggestion which will now galvanise me into action. :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Greymalkin » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:50 pm

I think as many of us as possible should meet up and provide different character voices like Beantight suggested.
Count me in but you'll have to teach me how to do a Dorset accent first. LOL!
Greymalkin

Postby Sujee » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:20 pm

What a brilliant idea! I have never listened to a podcast. And I am more than happy to lend a voice to the proceedings! (better brush up on accents now - will watch Tess of the D'Urbervilles again... :lol: )
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Beantighe » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:28 pm

I think I can do a passable Dorset accent - I should do, I lived there for 25 years!

I was the Fairy :shock: :shock: :shock: (if you'd seen me, you'd understand the :shock: , lol!) in one of the Lyme Regis pantomimes once - she was a comedy fairy, getting on a bit, terribly well-meaning but a disaster when it came to spells, and in one part there was a chase scene. Of course, true to form, I arrived too late (it was in the script) and I still remember a bit of add-libbing I came up with (the fairy traditionally always speaks in rhyme) and in a broad Dorset accent I pronounced:

Oi flapped an' flew as best oi cud,
But still oi got 'ere late -
T' tell the truth oi think oi must
Be past moi sell-by date!

It brought the house down! :lol:
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Sujee » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:51 pm

Fabulous Beantighe! you can do a recitation at the Gathering to bring the tents down!! :D
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:18 pm

That would be a wonderful thing to do, I love listening to stories on radio and if you done the reading Kit it would be great.
I think involving others would be a bit too complex and going by your (Kit) radio interveiw which came over very good I think you would be on a winner and Stonewylde would spread very rapid around the world.

I think the thing is "Keep it simple" that seems to work best as you can all see in Kit's video interveiw :idea:

People speaking different Characters would be a nightmare to arrange and as it would have to be recorded over time not in one sitting, it just wont work. sorry to rain on the parade but thats my own veiw.

If i get banished for this i will still be at the gathering :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:38 pm

I'll smuggle you in Carp! :D :wink:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Beantighe » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:51 pm

No, Carp, you've got a point. I don't think it was ever meant that different people should read different parts, just one person doing the reading and altering their voice a little to differentiate between the different characters. It doesn't even need to be accents, just the pitch of the voice. The main thing is to speak clearly and not too fast, so it's easy to follow.

xxx
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:22 am

Thanks Beantighe, that's what i thought but all of a sudden everyone wants to be a star without thinking how difficult it would be.

Thanks Sujee :wink: I still got two friends then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby kit » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:51 am

You're right of course, dearest Carp. When I read the suggestion about different people taking part I thought "Ooh how wonderful - all my Stonewylders playing different characters!" That's such an exciting thought. But as you say, the practicalities of the situation would make it impossible, trying to gather everyone together to record. The joy of doing it for an e-book myself is that I could have everything set up in a bedroom and then pop up for an hour or so a day to record the next chapter. That would be do-able, rather than spend hours solidly in a studio, having had to travel there etc.

But it's a shame - I just loved the idea of you all taking part! And what a publicity stunt too - Stonewylde read by the fans! :lol:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Greymalkin » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:01 am

It's not impossible. So long as everybody had something like Skype on their PC's and a fairly decent microphone it would sound like we're all in the same room.
Greymalkin

Return to Stonewylde Series