New members please read this ...

Moderator: mrb

Postby sea sprite » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:57 am

Welcome from me too Mistycat :D
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby MISTYCAT » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:27 am

Thanks everyone!! My inbox has never been so busy since I joined this site - its very exciting!
Blessings from Mistycat
MISTYCAT

Postby kit » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:33 am

Welcome to the Stonwylde Community from me too, Mistycat. Glad you loved the books. Do tell us something about yourself. Nice that you've met Sujee - she's a wonderful woman! I went to Stonehenge with her and had the most amazing time. :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby MISTYCAT » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:48 am

Thanks for the welcome Kit, and from everyone else too.

You asked me to tell you something about me.....so here goes :-)

I'm 34, live in Harwich in Essex. I was raised a christian, but have since become very drawn to the wiccan way of doing things. I can't explain why as I don't know myself, I just find myself wanting to know more and matching up similarities in my life to the way of the magical path I have found. I've been reading/studying wicca for about two years now. I wouldn't call myself wiccan yet as I still feel I have a lot to learn about it before I would risk others asking me all about my path! I'd like to join a coven but I don't know of any around here, so I think this might turn out to be an individual path rather than working with others. Thats why forums such as this and others are very handy. It was also lovely to attend the Children of Artemis 'Introduction to Wicca' course this month, where I met Sujee.

Sujee was telling me all about the Stonewylde books, but I'd beaten her to it and already read all of them. I can't even remember how I came across these books.......it might have been through the UK Pagan 'Valley' Forums which I started on but left soon after as it wasn't for me. None the less I loved these books and am desperately awaiting the next release!

I'd love to have wiccan friends living nearby as its sad being only able to share my interests and path just through internet sites. The people who attended the course I went on were literally spread all over the country which is a shame because no one is nearby. I expect some of you might find it quite a lonely path as well, in respect of actually knowing other wiccans?

I have a feeling I will be bit of a 'part time' wiccan eventually - not because I am lazy but because I just don't have time for every element of it. So I do what works for me, without all the fancy paraphanelia which works just as well.

What else......I work full time in London, hence my lack of time for anything else. However I have this week off so have been exploring the forum pages lots!! I love cats - I have got four of them and would have more if my husband allowed it!!

I'm going to Witchfest in November, hoping to find some books written by english authors on the wiccan subject, and also the Gods/Goddessed. I went into Waterstones the other day and asked if they had any books on wicca - can you believe it, the lad behind the counter said 'what?' and then asked me to spell it, then he looked on the system and on the shelf and said they didn't stock books on wicca!!!!!!! I can understand why it is an uphill struggle to get the Stonewylde books into the bookshops now! How small minded - there were lots of books of christianity, buddhism etc. Hopefully Witchfest will see me armed with books to read on the train home!

Thank everyone for welcoming me xx
Blessings from Mistycat
MISTYCAT

Hi

Postby Meryn » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:17 pm

Hi Mistcat from another new face. Meryn X
May I live simply that others may simply live.
Meryn

Postby Sorcha » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:16 pm

Hi Mistycat,

Great big welcome from me as well!

Love,

Sorcha :wink:
Sorcha

Postby Leanne » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:56 pm

and from me!
Leanne

Previous

Return to Welcome to Stonewylde