Hi Mousedemon - welcome to Stonewylde :D
Moongoddess

Postby solsticedreamer » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:34 pm

welcome tot he forum mousedemon~you must fill us in on your name :D
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby MouseDemon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:12 am

Hello to you all, (waves to the people I know).

Yes, if you think you recognise me, then you probably do!

Thanks for the lovely welcome, and I will be having a mooch around the forums and posting soon undoubtably.

I wish I had some interesting story about my name, I really don't. It basically stems from not being able to type my real name properly when I first come online.

Michelle became Micehell

I thought it was quite amusing and then it evolved into MouseDemon. It was an original name, and stuck. I tend to use it in most forums as I am usually the only one. (No-one else would have it!)

But thank you for the lovely welcome.

Michelle/MouseDemon
What other people think of you is actually none of your business...
MouseDemon

Postby kit » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:17 am

Welcome to Stonewylde from me too, Mouse Demon (although I almost prefer Mice Hell - what a brilliant name!). Great to have you here and I'm pleased you've posted - we want posters not lurkers! Do I know you? I don't belong to any other forums (haven't got time) but maybe we've met at a signing or something? Anyway, you're very welcome and please tell us more about yourself. There are lots of polls (such as your age -anonymous if you wish) and favourite character etc. We look forward to getting to know you better! Bright blessings to you :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Meryn » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:25 am

Hi MouseDemon,

I love the reason for your online name, I assumed your name came from a love of cats?! Meryn X
May I live simply that others may simply live.
Meryn

Postby MouseDemon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:36 am

Unfortunately we haven't met. I don't think so anyway. I "think" I would remember! I have serious mumbrain at the moment, as my baby daughter seems to think that sleep is for the boring!

Umm, a little bit about me, I used to be the Chair of Pagan Network for my sins, but then resigned to be pregnant! Um, used to be quite active on the Pagan scene, but that faded away. May get back into the scrum one day, but not yet! :P

I live in the Home Counties, but not a posh bit! Hope to be moving to South Wales in the next few years. I have a senile dog called Lottie, and a pain in the bum cat called Wayland. I have a son of 7 and a daughter of 9 months. Hubs is a D&T teacher, and I am a StayAtHome mum at the mo.

Err, what else? Probably lots, but nothing that interesting. Tend to be a bit of a grumpy old witch, prone to offer advice in practical terms rather than magicak ones.

I will shut up now before I start to bore people senseless.

MD
MouseDemon

Postby MouseDemon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:38 am

Meryn wrote:Hi MouseDemon,

I love the reason for your online name, I assumed your name came from a love of cats?! Meryn X

I do love cats, and you know, you are the first person that thinks it is cat related rather than mice! I think it is too, since what would be a scary demon for a mouse!? A cat!

MD
MouseDemon

Postby kit » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:02 am

Babies do soften the brain, that's for sure! But I'm sure you know from having an older child that it does all come back after a while, doesn't it? Although maybe a bit differently. Have you read the books yet, MD?
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby MouseDemon » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:57 am

kit wrote:Babies do soften the brain, that's for sure! But I'm sure you know from having an older child that it does all come back after a while, doesn't it? Although maybe a bit differently. Have you read the books yet, MD?

LOL! I think it had only just started to come back, and then I went and had another baby! Ah well!

I have read the whole series. I bought them as my summer holiday read/treat and enjoyed them a great deal. I will confess, dear Kit, that I shouted at you lots at the end of book 2! Not because of the storyline, but for the advertisement in the last few pages telling me that the books were no longer a trilogy but a five book series! Having now read all 3, I do agree that the story didn't finish there, but I was glad that that particular arch with Yul and Sylvie had resolved itself.

I remember reading the Belgariad series in the late 80s, early 90s and having to wait a couple of years between books. And The Earth Children series where there was a TWELVE year wait between the last 2 books! PLEASE PLEASE don't do that to me! :P

MD
MouseDemon

Postby kit » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:08 pm

I had my three sons within four years - talk about scrambled brains!! :shock: I don't think my sanity returned until they were all out of nappies and mostly off to school.

Glad you enjoyed the books - don't think you're the only one to have shouted at me! One reader said she actually threw Moondance across the room when she'd finished. She had to wait a year till Solstice was published and was not impressed by the delay! The fourth book Shadows at Stonewylde should be out next summer hopefully - we're thinking of the Summer Solstice as a good launch date for all sorts of reasons. Not sure about book 5 yet but it really won't be a massive gap. A lot depends on the success of the books, so please join everyone here in being very helpful about spreading the word! :D
kit

Postby Taz » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:32 pm

The gap between the Earths Children books nearly did me in too MouseDemon!
Welcome!
:D
Taz

Postby Ebany » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:58 pm

Welcome from me too!!
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Carprimulgidae » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi Michelle/MouseDemon

a warm welcome from me too, at last another in wales (well almost, we keep a welcome in the hill side too)

Looking forward to your posts

:wink:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Next

Return to Welcome to Stonewylde