60 - 69
12%
70 - 79
1%
80 and over
No votes

Total votes : 82

Postby Beantighe » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:08 pm

Just goes to show the vast age-range that Stonewylde stories appeal to, doesn't it? That's some feat in itself, to be able to write something so enthralling it engages all ages from teens to 80-somethings! I bet you wish Stonewylde was on the GCSE curriculum, hons! Now THERE'S a thought! I bet you'd all get A*s!!! :D

Love Beantighe xx
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Re: Readership poll - how old are you?

Postby wolfwitch » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:20 am

kit wrote:Thanks to a good idea by Carp, I'd like everyone to please fill in the poll above. We're trying to find out more about the readership of Stonewylde, and it would be helpful to know what age category readers fall into. :roll: Some bookshops put Stonewylde in the Teenage section but I believe most of the readership is adult. Please help by doing the poll - thank you very much, all my lovely Stonewylders! I hope it works - haven't done this before.
Kit xxx
PS - yes, have done it!! It works - and it's anonymous too!!
:D

Hi I have just joined the forum I am 65 and run a book shop at my Granddaughters school so I am pushing the books for parents and teachers.
wolfwitch

Postby Carprimulgidae » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:49 pm

Hi wolfwitch
A warm welcome to you, there seems to be plenty of us over 30's reading Stonewylde but the young uns will catch up and your in a great possition to pass the word, I am sure you will get encouragment & help from here.

Have you read them all yet :?:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby faery » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:46 am

Another one to add to the 40 - 49 bunch, though I only have a few years left in it lol!
The sound of a kiss is not so loud as that of a cannon...but it's echo lasts a great deal longer...
faery

Postby indigowarrior12 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:48 am

I added to the twenty-twenty nine. I also converted my thirty year old friend
I am just human, with wonder in my eyes
indigowarrior12

Postby Beantighe » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:57 am

Welcome on board, Indigowarrior! :D

I'll be in the next age category next year - does that mean I can do the poll again? :lol:

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby willow » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:14 pm

I seem to be in the biggest age group 40-49. Nice spread of ages shows appeal to all ages
willow

Age is only number...

Postby Meryn » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:21 pm

I'm 34, but I can't believe it! Certainly don't feel it and still feel amazed that so much time has passed. Certainly feel more grounded and have a better understanding of myself in my 30s than I did in my teens and twentys. X
May I live simply that others may simply live.
Meryn

Re: Age is only number...

Postby MISTYCAT » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:12 pm

Meryn wrote:I'm 34, but I can't believe it! Certainly don't feel it and still feel amazed that so much time has passed. Certainly feel more grounded and have a better understanding of myself in my 30s than I did in my teens and twentys. X

Me too Meryn - I just turned 34 in August and echo your comments about feeling more grounded and sure of who I am. I'd like to stay this age but know thats not gonna happen :roll:

Interesting that majority of readers are over 30 yet books are placed in the teenage section - its hardly Buffy stuff is it, I think they should be in the adult fiction section and maybe also in the religion section where you would expect to find books on Wicca and the like.......although if you go into my Waterstones branch, they proudly announce that they don't sell books on Wicca!!!
Blessings from Mistycat
MISTYCAT

Postby Meryn » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:29 pm

Nice to know I am not alone Mistycat! Interestingly I felt very grounded at 24 and found it an age where I was still young enough to be considered "young", but old enough to gain a level of recognition in work etc. Now at 34 I am experiencing a similar feeling, I am still young as the 20s weren't that long ago, but I am old enough to feel more sure of who I am.

Do you know what I mean when I say I feel there has been a shift from other people referring to me as a girl or young lady, to just plain "the lady" when for example they are talking to their children???

Interestingly I have had a totally different experience of Waterstones in my area where they have a Wicca section in the body and mind area/spiritual area of the shop, and some very good books too. Actually the 3 shops I have in towns around me all have wicca sections. I wonder why yours is different?

Bright blessings, Meryn X
Meryn

Postby MISTYCAT » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Hi Meryn, yes I absolutely agree - it particularly hits a nerve when I go out on a Friday or Saturday night, and all the youngsters are in hotpants etc. I think to myself, I used to be that girl once......but believe me no one wants to see me in hotpants now :oops:

I do feel you get a lot more respect at work in your thirties - I actually think the thirties is a powerful era to be in at work, because you've gained some good work experience, you've got a good track history but you're not too old to be that exciting innovative person that companies want.

In America, they call a female 'Miss' if they're young, ie up to early twenties I suppose, and 'Maam' if you're old and past it :roll: There is an american chappy that is on the ticket gate at Canary Wharf tube, who everyday when I pass through, he says 'Morning Miss'. Imagine how good that makes me feel, calling me 'Miss'!!! :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:

I don't know what the matter is with my Waterstones store - we have two in town and they're both the same. Out of protest, I went home and ordered my books from Amazon online instead :lol:
Blessings from Mistycat
MISTYCAT

Postby Meryn » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:28 pm

How nice to get a Morning Miss, very flattering! Maybe the hotpants wouldn't look so bad after all?! I agree that there is definitely a different power in the workplace as a woman rather than a girl. Isn't the passing of time such an intreguing and overwhelming subject? Have you read the book "The Power of Now"? X
Meryn

Postby MISTYCAT » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:20 pm

No, I haven't - but I'm going to order it from my library now you have mentioned it! I'll let you know what I think :D
Blessings from Mistycat
MISTYCAT

Postby solsticedreamer » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:38 pm

just popped back into this thread to check out the poll~the 40 plus are still in top place :)

mistycat~when me and my sister were in america in 1999 we got chatting to a young chap while we were waitng for pizza and he was calling us maam...we were both in our thirties then and it sounded quite sweet :)

hmmm hotpants...think i was about 5 when i last wore them~could clear a ballroom if i wore them now :lol:
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby swampy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:30 pm

Done my vote...another in the 40-49 age group :roll:
Old Guys Rule!
swampy

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome to Stonewylde