Natural remedies

A place for general chat with Stonewylde friends

Moderator: mrb

Natural remedies at the Village Pharm

Postby Carprimulgidae » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:12 pm

Thanks for some wonderful cures, all i need to do now is fall out of the bedroom window get a few cuts & burns to try them out :lol:

Seriously they are good and I would much prefer a chemical free treatment. I once had an ointment from a place in London I can send the details if anyone wants to know more. It was Hemp based and a little like Sudacrem and worked as good if not better, because it contained Hemp and they done other similar products you have to register with them but well worth a try. I heal very fast but this stuff is amazing and worked on burns & cuts even cold sores as long as you don’t mind looking like a black & white minstrel.

Any other good cures for cold sores in the Village Pharm
:?:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Re: Natural remedies at the Village Pharm

Postby Moongoddess » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:56 pm

Carprimulgidae wrote:Thanks for some wonderful cures, all i need to do now is fall out of the bedroom window get a few cuts & burns to try them out :lol:

Seriously they are good and I would much prefer a chemical free treatment. I once had an ointment from a place in London I can send the details if anyone wants to know more. It was Hemp based and a little like Sudacrem and worked as good if not better, because it contained Hemp and they done other similar products you have to register with them but well worth a try. I heal very fast but this stuff is amazing and worked on burns & cuts even cold sores as long as you don’t mind looking like a black & white minstrel.

Any other good cures for cold sores in the Village Pharm
:?:

A dab of neat tea tree as soon as you feel it tingling can seriously shorten the life of a cold sore. Doesn't taste good though and you have to like the smell of it.....since it's right under your nose :roll: :lol: :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby Carprimulgidae » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:06 pm

used tea tree last time it worked but not fast enough, i love the smell & dont mind the taste. only get one when i'm run down and knew i was last week (dark moon syndrom) :lol:

Carprimulgidae

Postby Moongoddess » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:09 pm

I do think once they're on there way, there's nothing that will stop them......horrid things. I usual get them in the sun :(
Moongoddess

Postby Carprimulgidae » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:20 pm

yes your right, takes about a week to go :roll:

Carprimulgidae

Postby witchwolf » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:06 am

Oats are a must for Eczema instead of soap/detergents, I often make a bath/shower bag with lavender, comfrey, calendula and ladysmantle for eczema.

Cold sores a lavender and tea tree lip balm is the best, I have a lip balm recipe if you want.

Cold and flu - Elderberries!!! and Thyme instead of echinacha! Sage for coughs and sore throats, chamomile, rosemary, garlic and peppermint are all good! tea tree oil on the base of you feet and a mustard bath if you can stand it is wonderful. but to name a few!

:)
witchwolf

Postby Sujee » Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:46 pm

Hi Witchwolf - I swear by Thyme! When my daughter is feeling run down and full of cold and headachey I make her some chamomile tea with thyme infused in it and a dash of elderflower cordial (dont have any elderberry) and a small spoonful of honey - she sips that and sleeps much better. I made it up so I hope it is OK to take..... :oops:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby witchwolf » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:34 pm

fantastic combo! honey is such a great medicinal thing to have about for every thing from colds to cuts! thyme is a great immune booster I swear by it too! Lavender is good for colds if having problems sleeping if you run out of chamomile! :D
witchwolf

Postby Sujee » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:31 pm

Phew! that is OK then! :lol: It just seemed the right combination and I have not studied herbalism but I would really like to - trouble is I don't know which course is the best to do... so many out there and some do look decidedly dodgy. Some say do a correspondence course, no one to ones or attendances required and no case studies and then they throw a certificate at you and say you can go and practice!! :shock: :roll:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Beantighe » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:50 pm

They say thyme is even more antiseptic than tea tree. I've heard it's excellent for coughs and sore throats, as it's an anaesthetic, too. But very potent, so don't overdo it!

xx
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Previous

Return to The Village Green