The Witches of Eastwick 2008

A place for general chat with Stonewylde friends

Moderator: mrb

Postby James Fortune » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:21 pm

Thanks Kit.

I've bought the first one from Amazon just now.

I'll tell you what I think. I'm looking forward to reading it. Cornmother, who I think is very cool, thoroughly recommends them :-)
Kindest regards
James
James Fortune

Postby kit » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:25 pm

Great! Happy reading, James - something to look forward to once your lovely production has finished and you're feeling sad it's all over! :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby James Fortune » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:40 pm

Absolutely!!

I'll have to continue with my Egyptology studies too :-0
Kindest regards
James
James Fortune

Well done, that man!

Postby cornmother » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:51 pm

We're thrilled to hear the first night went off like a rocket. Well it would, wouldn't it, being the full moon? and of course your amazing talent to direct and produce.

[smilie=eusa_clap.gif] [smilie=eusa_clap.gif] [smilie=eusa_clap.gif]

And you know what's on my wish list............

:)
CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby James Fortune » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:36 pm

Hi All,

I just thought you'd like to know that the reviews of my show are coming in thick and fast:

"The best show I've ever seen in amateur theatre!"
"The best show I've seen this year, amateur or pro!"
"Stunning!"
"All the magic and trickery was fantastic!"
"A landmark show for Epsom Light Opera Company! How will you top this?"

and from a West End producer friend who was in "You cheated! You used pros for the principals!"

and, once I'd convinced him that I hadn't cheated "Every part was brilliantly cast. Stunning performances. I had no idea that amateur theatre could be this good!"

So COME AND SEE IT!!

Tickets available for tonight, Friday and Saturday nights at 7:30pm and Saturday Matinee at 2:30pm.

Epsom Playhouse, Epsom, Surrey - just 30 mins from town on train.

Reserve Your Seats Now and Pay Later - Call (01372) 742555 / 742227
Kindest regards
James
James Fortune

Postby sea sprite » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:42 pm

Congratulations James :D Sounds like it's going brilliantly [smilie=eusa_clap.gif]

I'd love to see it, but Epsom is a bit too far from Cornwall! You should bring it to the Minack Theatre next year. I'm sure it would go down a storm, especially with our own Cornmother drumming up publicity for you :lol:
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Sujee » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:25 pm

Well, I have now seen the Marti Pellow version of this musical and I must say it was great! The songs were fab and the casting was superb - the woman playing Felicia was inspired in her part! Marti was sex on legs and I now think he is rather fanciable (never did before but then I do prefer them a bit older... :twisted: ).

Now all I need to do is see James' version and I will be happy. CM or James - any plans for a repeat or getting another company to stage your version elsewhere? I would love to see it and it was such a shame I could not get to Epsom....

Here's me with my fingers crossed.....!!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

W of E

Postby cornmother » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:14 am

and another Hi, Sujee!

Good to hear that you enjoyed the Marti Pellow W of E. And yes, it would be very interesting to compare it with Mr Magic's version. James put a lot of thought into his production, and I think it certainly would have been a lot different. His Director's Notes were interesting, but I think they've now been removed from the ELOC website. As to whether he'll put on the production again - why don't you ask him?

With a smile,
CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby MISTYCAT » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:40 am

In my book club magazine this month, I noticed there were a couple of books about this - one was the Witches of Eastwick and the other book was the newer of the too and I can't think what it was called but basically its a sequel to the first one I think, and is like 10 years on or something. I've put them on my christmas list and hope someone gets them for me!!
Blessings from Mistycat
MISTYCAT

Previous

Return to The Village Green