Arty-farty thread

A place for general chat with Stonewylde friends

Moderator: mrb

Arty-farty thread

Postby Daffodil » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:03 pm

After admiring the webpages of wherethewildrosesgrow and having a little PM conversation with her, wildroses suggested a thread where we could post our creations. Not just craft items, but anything - cookery, art etc...
I don't mean as a shop or advert for our wares, more of a gallery where those into crafts can share ideas etc.
My kids always refer to what I do as 'arty-farty' stuff so I called the thread by that name.
I will take the plunge and post a few pictures of things I have made. Hopefully wildroses will add a few pics of her items as they are amazing.
Image These are my fairy wands. They are made from branches the kids found on the ground during a camping trip and embellished with wire and ribbon.
ImageThis is Thistle Fairy. She is made from an old t-shirt and wire and ribbon.
ImageA like painting, but maybe I should stick to the photography!
ImageAnother little fairy made from left over bits and pieces.
ImageYou can probably tell that I like fairies by now!

I would love to see what everyone else makes.
Daffodil

Postby wherethewildrosesgrow » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:16 pm

:D loving the fairies! I'll do a rootle and find some of my more "different" makes! :lol:
where the willow weeps tears of diamond
and the oak bleeds pearls of dew
I have often dreamed there....
have you?

http://wherethewildrosesgrow.co.uk
wherethewildrosesgrow

Postby Milly » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:23 pm

You are so talanted! I absolutely love the green man and the painted fairy. I wish I could paint like that.
I dont make anything at the moment but am learning how to knit and I would love to beable to make a basket out of collected wood.
Raise money for your favorite charity by searching at www.everyclick.com
Milly

Postby sea sprite » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:38 pm

What great fairies and paintings :D I love the Green Man and the wands :) I'd like to be more crafty, but at the moment time is a bit tight with Robin being so small. I've made cards and candles in the past though and I love baking. Sadly (or not!), my husband prefers savoury to sweet things and has a chocolate allergy, so I don't get to make cakes and the like too often. :( I would never be able to eat it all by myself!

When Robin is a little older I will make some nice treats for him instead of buying all those horrible mass produced cakes and biscuits.
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby sea sprite » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:39 pm

What great fairies and paintings :D I love the Green Man and the wands :) I'd like to be more crafty, but at the moment time is a bit tight with Robin being so small. I've made cards and candles in the past though and I love baking. Sadly (or not!), my husband prefers savoury to sweet things and has a chocolate allergy, so I don't get to make cakes and the like too often. :( I would never be able to eat it all by myself!

When Robin is a little older I will make some nice treats for him instead of buying all those horrible mass produced cakes and biscuits :shock:
sea sprite x

sea sprite

Postby nikki/tony » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:39 pm

silly question but how do you put the picts on ,not very good at all this computer stuff! :lol: love the greenman and fairy by the way ,whats it painted on?there very good! :wink: ~nikki~
wytchwood
nikki/tony

Postby sea sprite » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:39 pm

When Robin is a little older I will make some nice treats for him instead of buying all those horrible mass produced cakes and biscuits :shock:
sea sprite x

sea sprite

Postby nikki/tony » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:39 pm

silly question but how do you put the picts on ,not very good at all this computer stuff! :lol: love the greenman and fairy by the way ,whats it painted on?there very good! :wink: ~nikki~
wytchwood
nikki/tony

Postby nikki/tony » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:40 pm

wytchwood
nikki/tony

Postby sea sprite » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:40 pm

Looks like I've got a gremlin-didn't meen to post 4 times :shock: Sorry :oops:
sea sprite x

sea sprite

Postby wherethewildrosesgrow » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:46 pm

I made this larer than life sized woodland goddess years ago from Newspaperand a traffic cone! (to counterbalance the weight of her hair you understand..)

This one is a Hand felted bag I made for a comission - there's fairy behind the door in the tree!

And a bodice I made for my sister out of tattered silks and velvets and embroidery

And finally a creation with a hare and a moon shaped pearl!

have you?

wherethewildrosesgrow

Postby wherethewildrosesgrow » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:47 pm

:oops: very big pics - sorry!
have you?

wherethewildrosesgrow

Postby sea sprite » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:48 pm

Wow! They're amazing :D

I've seen some of those things on your website. I love the bodice and the felted bags that you make :D
sea sprite x

sea sprite

Postby sea sprite » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:49 pm

Wow! They're amazing :D

I've seen some of those things on your website. I love the bodice and the felted bags that you make :D

Right! No more posting for me at the moment as I'm having serious problems with submitting messages :? :roll:
sea sprite x

sea sprite

Postby wherethewildrosesgrow » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:50 pm

sea sprite - that's one heck of a gremlin going on there!!!
have you?

wherethewildrosesgrow

Next

Return to The Village Green