A Good Old Weepie...

A place for general chat with Stonewylde friends

Moderator: mrb

A Good Old Weepie...

Postby Sujee » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:59 pm

Have tears in my eyes as I have just watched Watership Down on Film 4.. :cry: It gets me every time....

It got me wondering what other films had the capacity to get my lachrymal ducts working, and so far:

Watership Down
The Elephant Man
Love Actually
Dragonheart
Mask (the one with Cher)
part of Mamma Mia (won't put a spoiler here incase you have not all seen it yet)
The Color Purple

Am sure there are more but I cannot think of them now! So, what are your all time weepies?
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Moongoddess » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:36 pm

Ah watership down gets me too :oops: But the worst (best) film for that is braveheart.....even the music brings tears to my eyes :oops: :oops: :oops: .......and the Yearling, not seen this film for years though......Oh, what about Bambi too :( :oops: :oops: :roll:
Moongoddess

Postby Carprimulgidae » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:41 pm

The Stonewylde film but I wont say more it may spoil it.

Watership down is a killer, why did they bring out a film like that :roll:
also a fil i think its called "The Fisherman" anthony quin is in it. And Close encounters of the 3rd kind :lol:

But the one to top it off must be Bamby :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Moongoddess » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:45 pm

Aaaaah, we're just a bunch of softies :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby Witchypoo » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:48 pm

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Schindlers List
Untamed Heart

I didn't cry at the movie Mask, but the book............. :cry:
Witchypoo

Postby Ruby » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:07 pm

Watership Down, Charlotte's Web, Bambi...anything involving animals getting a raw deal.

BB,

Ruby
Ruby

Postby kit » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:41 pm

I hate to admit it, but the Sound of Music always gets me, even at the sing-along version I went to recently! The English Patient devastated me, and I remember sobbing as a teenager at Love Story. If I saw it again I think I'd probably still cry! "Love means never having to say you're sorry" ... ooh, I'm welling up! [smilie=msn_cry.gif]
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Sujee » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:46 pm

Apparently I watched 'The Yearling' as a child with my grandma and we almost emptied a box of tissues! I was bereft and my mum told grandma off for letting me watch it!

Not seen it since though...

Oh,
Return of the King deffo.
Cold Mountain
BBC DVD of The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe - something about the Aslan in that which gets me....
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby solsticedreamer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:09 pm

i wont watch it as i cry :cry:

....for me its

the mighty
the last half hour of LOTR
out of africa
born free...
master and commander ~where they have to cut free the broken mast in a storm along with the chap caught in the rigging...well i dont actually cry but the feeling of dispair is huge...

i am sure i will remember a lot more once i have posted this!
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby iWitch » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:57 pm

The Joy Luck Club ~ I cry throughout and then the final scene gives me a headache, I've wept so much.

Bridge to Terabithia ~ even though I know what's going to happen.
iWitch

Postby Beantighe » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:22 pm

What about The Green Mile? Loved that film - it's one of the very few I've watched more than once. All the others I can think of have already been mentioned.

Love Beantighe

Oh - just thought - Dances with Wolves and any film where the Native Americans get a raw deal..................anyone remember Soldier Blue? That was so shocking for its time - they had to have the St John Ambulance Brigade standing by in cinemas because it made so many people faint. I was always on the side of the Indians - I always cheered when Custer got his!
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Carprimulgidae » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:44 pm

The Native Americans alnog with Aborigial folk have had it bad and it's still going on. I am on their side too, I seen a doc about Custer on sky recently, that made out it was not the great last stand you see in the films (whats new, it was all american propergander anyway)

enough of that or i will be wandering off :lol:

I only seen soldier blue once years ago & didnt like it, other films i can watch over & over if i like them and always see a bit i missed. makes me wonder some times how much electric we would save if I took it all in first time :oops:

Sadly they stopped making great films years ago and the last 30 years have only come up with a hand full that you can call very good. LOTR being one but i still prefure the book it was much better with too much grafic detail in the film. not that i dont like blood it dont worry me unless it is mine :? :P
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:29 pm

I liked Little Big Man with Dustin Hoffman - a long film but when it is on they put it on so late that it does not finish until about 2am - no use for me that! That made me cry.... never seen Soldier Blue though.
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Beantighe » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:53 pm

I think Soldier Blue was made either in the late 60s/early 70s, hon, so that'll be why you haven't seen it. It was very violent for its time, though - people used to go and see it to see if they could watch it without fainting! My boyfriend at the time had to go out!

I'm sure I've seen Little Big Man - Dustin Hoffman is one of my favourite actors, which brings me to Midnight Cowboy (great soundtrack, too!) It was so sad at the end when Dustin's character Ratso died of TB on the coach......... :cry:
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby solsticedreamer » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:52 am

i have to add 'ladies in lavender' i watched it the other night and had a few tears at the end :(
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Next

Return to The Village Green