Anniversary

A place for general chat with Stonewylde friends

Moderator: mrb

Postby Carprimulgidae » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:01 am

Beantighe what's a year eh :P

a wasted trip & I spent £9 on nothing and £1 on a card (cheap or what :lol: )
She forgot to get me one so I said dont worry stay in & give me the £1 card, well after 28 years I didnt mind what i had. just going to pm you

:wink:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Beantighe » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:59 am

John and I don't give each other cards nowadays - we both resent spending so much on something that's eventually going to be thrown away or recycled - maybe we're just cheapskates or old cynics, lol! Or maybe we're just turning into Darby and Joan! :shock: But hasn't the price of cards got horrendous these days? We'd both far rather put the price towards something the other half wants. The nicest thing John got me one year was a tray of polyanthuseseseses in pots, ready to put in the borders! (I hate houseplants - they always die of terminal neglect.....................I forget to water 'em............. :oops: ) Then there was the year I asked for a compost bin for my birthday! :roll:

Mind you, the occasional surprise bunch of flowers is very acceptable!
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:37 am

this has just made me realise swmapy and i have never given each other a card :shock: but we are not married so maybe it doesnt count?!

B i love the idea of getting a composter for a gift :D ...i was going to say much better than chocolates, but maybe not! :wink:
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Beantighe » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:48 am

Yes, John was horrified when he asked me what I wanted for my birthday and I said a compost bin! He said, 'That's not a proper present!' but I replied, 'But it's what I want!' And bless him, that's what he got me!

SD, of course it counts even if you're not married! You'll certainly have the anniversary of the day you met, or the day you moved in together, and that must be a special day to you, as ours is for us. I'm sure you can think up a lovely way to celebrate and mark the occasion.

Even now, I don't think so much of our wedding anniversary, but the day I met John, which will be forever etched in my memory, every bit of it. We've only been married for just over 4 years (on 2nd October) but we met on 4th May 1998, so we've been together for 10 1/2 years. We always used to give each other cards on that anniversary, and go out for a meal or something, and even now I prefer to celebrate that day, although I always remember our wedding day too, as it was such a perfect day and we both had a wonderful time.
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:26 pm

thats lovely B :D i think i might ask for a new compost bin for my birthday...when we moved here i put my name down for an allotment which is a ten minute walk away :D

i guess we sort of remember the first day we met and the day we moved in together...although it can be confusing as the day we first physically met was the day we moved in together...we had 'met' mentally, i think you could say, three months earlier on the internet :lol:
solsticedreamer

Postby kit » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:34 pm

Well that's simple then, SD - that's the day to celebrate as your anniversary! How romantic! We're coming up for our first wedding anniversary in December (sighs with joy!!) but we've always at least noted the day we met, if not done presents and cards and things. And I don't think we will be for our wedding anniversary as it's just after Christmas and we'll be broke! But there are other ways of celebrating of course! :lol:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:44 pm

kit wrote: We're coming up for our first wedding anniversary in December (sighs with joy!!) but we've always at least noted the day we met, if not done presents and cards and things. And I don't think we will be for our wedding anniversary as it's just after Christmas and we'll be broke! But there are other ways of celebrating of course! :lol:

I cant believe it is almost a year, it seems like only 6 months ago you were off on your honey moon :oops: dont time fly :?

you enjoy your anniversary :lol: give the man a kiss & a cudle :wink: and have many great times together :wink:

Carprimulgidae

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:09 pm

[quote="Carprimulgidae"]
I cant believe it is almost a year, it seems like only 6 months ago you were off on your honey moon :oops: dont time fly :? quote]

time is going by a bit too quickly right now :shock: ...before we all know it we will be packing up and setting off for the gathering :D
solsticedreamer

Postby Sujee » Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:44 pm

Do you really mean that the day you moved in with Swampy, SD, was the first day you met??! :shock: How on earth did you know you would get on well enough or were you flatmates....? Also very romantic too.... there is hope for me yet then! :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Ebany » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:00 pm

there is hope for me yet then!

Of course there is Sujee, - you are after all, still a young slip of a thing!!!!! 8) 8)
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Sujee » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:05 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: - that made me laugh.
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby solsticedreamer » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:23 am

Sujee wrote:Do you really mean that the day you moved in with Swampy, SD, was the first day you met??! :shock: How on earth did you know you would get on well enough or were you flatmates....? Also very romantic too.... there is hope for me yet then! :lol:

yes sujee its true :lol: we had been in contact via e-mail, telephone and the chat thingy that came before msn for three months and seen one picture of each other when he decided to up sticks and come down south and that will be ten years ago next may :D i drove up to birmingham in my little 2cv to get him and his belongings and it was scarey as i got lost and being a country-bumpkin... :lol:
solsticedreamer

Postby Carprimulgidae » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:57 pm

aaaaawwwww and internet romance, people hear of all the horror stories dont they and never the ones that work.
Well done both, 10 years is a lot longer than most these days.

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:12 pm

That is so lovely! Well done SD and Swampy - it was obviously written in the stars.... :D :wink:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby solsticedreamer » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:24 pm

thanks carp and sujee :D yes swampy is a special one all right [smilie=msn_star.gif]
he has put up with a lot from me over the years, first depression and then my diagnosis with m.e and then diabetes (to say nothing of my evil pmt incarnation [smilie=eusa_whistle.gif] ) but he has always been there for me and supported me :)
and now he is supporting me with my degree~because my memory is badly affected its not easy and i have to spend more time than average on it and he doesnt complain about this...but i did say yes to his buying a guitar as he wanted a new hobby so he can play the rock-god [smilie=msn_think.gif]

ear plugs anyone? [smilie=msn_ooooh.gif]
solsticedreamer

PreviousNext

Return to The Village Green