A place for general chat with Stonewylde friends

Moderator: mrb

Postby Carprimulgidae » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:03 pm

thats a nice bit of info, why oh why dont we get winters like years ago :roll:

sell the car & get a pack of husky's :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:15 pm

Thank you for the bike link Sorcha - it looks pricey but who knows - I could be peddaling back to England after Castlefest next year!!! :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Sorcha » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:19 pm

There should be cheaper ones as well! For these sort of things I always try marktplaats, the Dutch counterpart of Ebay! I bought two trailers for behind our bikes to put our tents and stuff in, for 50 euro each, new they are over 200 euros! :wink:
Sorcha

Postby Witchypoo » Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:35 am

My hubby's sulking cause we've not had any snow. But I blame him. Years ago we had a small snowfall, so he dragged me to Toys are Us to buy a sledge. We've not has snow since!

The last significant snow we had was about 17 years ago (pre sledge), when our car was half buried, but it only lasted a couple of days.
Witchypoo

Postby Beantighe » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:17 am

Sujee, sorry I haven't been able to get back earlier, with one thing and another.

Trikes. I got mine in the early 1980s from a firm called W R Pashley, in Stratford-on-Avon. I first saw one in an article in Parents magazine, and first of all ordered one from Halfords, which they had to order in for me. When it arrived, I had a large deposit ready to put down on it, and didn't think it would be any problem to arrange finance for the rest. I thought they could do me a payment card, and I would come in and pay an installment each week. The children were so excited to see it when we went in the shop, but the salesman backed off in horror when I said I wanted to pay the installments in cash, and refused to let me have the trike, even though they had ordered it specially. It was so sad to see the disappointment on the kids' faces, but by then I was fuming, and walked out.

When we got home, I turned to yellow pages to look for cycle shops. I found one in Bridport (we lived near Dorchester at the time). I phoned this shop, and explained to the man what had happened, and asked him if he could get a trike for me. No problem, he said. I asked if I could have a payment card and pay cash each week. Again, no problem. The trike took about two weeks to arrive, and this lovely chappie even delivered it for me! And after that, a man came round regularly (monthly, I think) to my house to collect the payments, and it all went off without a hitch. The only thing I can't remember is how much the trike cost. But I absolutely loved it.

I looked for Pashleys a couple of years ago, and they were still trading then, so perhaps you could do a search for them, Sujee.

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Sujee » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:53 pm

Thank you Beantighe! I will do some shopping around in the New Year!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Previous

Return to The Village Green