icy blast anyone?

A place for general chat with Stonewylde friends

Moderator: mrb

icy blast anyone?

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:39 am

anyone here wake up to the predicted snow/sleet/ice?

here in the new forest we have howling winds and torrential rain and i am feeling very short-changed...i wanted snow...at the very least a lovely white frost so i could get out and get some photos.
right now i think i would need a wet suit and snorkle :lol:
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby MISTYCAT » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:36 am

Oh dear, yes we've got snow this morning. It settled and there were children out in the street making snowmen, but after a couple of hours it started raining and its windy too so not so magical now! Its incredibly cold too!!!!! No walking today then!! [smilie=msn_stormy.gif] [smilie=msn_umbrella.gif]
Blessings from Mistycat
MISTYCAT

Postby Beantighe » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:54 am

Bright sunshine here, but very cold and windy [smilie=msn_brb.gif] enough to blow you off your feet! I'm stopping indoors - until John gets back to take me out for a Chinese buffet, that is! [smilie=eusa_drool.gif]
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby wherethewildrosesgrow » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:13 pm

dusting of snow at dawn :D BIG snowflakes at 11 am :D rain at 11.30 :cry: blue sky and wind now :evil:
where the willow weeps tears of diamond
and the oak bleeds pearls of dew
I have often dreamed there....
have you?

http://wherethewildrosesgrow.co.uk
wherethewildrosesgrow

Postby solsticedreamer » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:29 pm

blue sky and wind here and its really cold now SD shivers and wraps scarf around her neck :)

B, a chinese buffet! oh i am so jealous~what a great idea! i will have to find one locally, its something i have always wanted to go to but as usual never got round to it...please tell me all about it when you get back later...yummmmmmm
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Sorcha » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:27 pm

Here in the Netherlands we have howling winds and snow! The earth is still too warm for it to stay, but when I woke up this morning there was a thin layer of snow everywhere!! :P :P :P But during the day it was mostly hail and snow mixed with rain! :( Anyway it is the sort of weather to snuggle up near a fireplace with a whisky and a good book, but instead I am sitting near big glass windows in the office with draft getting through and although I am normally never cold easily I am chilly now :( :( :( Will go to the Jack later to enjoy the fire there, at least virtually, hope it will help to get me warm!! :roll: :roll: :roll: )
Sorcha

Postby nikki/tony » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:20 pm

in chester its wet ,weve had hail all day dark and fffffffffffffrrreeezzzzziiinng :cry:
wytchwood
nikki/tony

Postby Ebany » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:34 pm

It's snowing again in my part of the Netherlands, my street looks lovely!! Going to be a ******* getting to work in the morning though!!! :shock: :roll: :roll: :D
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Sorcha » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:47 pm

Ebany wrote:It's snowing again in my part of the Netherlands, my street looks lovely!! Going to be a ******* getting to work in the morning though!!! :shock: :roll: :roll: :D

Try cycling :wink: 8)
Sorcha

Postby Ebany » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:00 pm

That's just what I'm going to do, it's just not so easy in the snow..... :? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby sea sprite » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:01 pm

It's blowing a gale here and has been raining/hailing heavily on and off all day :evil: We haven't been very far at all :(
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Sorcha » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:04 pm

Ebany wrote:That's just what I'm going to do, it's just not so easy in the snow..... :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Okay, here's my story! Have to cycle with 2 kids on the backseats of my bike! One kid with crutches, Kaspar sprained his foot, and I have to cycle to the other side of the town because before I get Kaspar to school I have to go to the doctors with him! So that is me tomorrow!! :wink:
Last edited by Sorcha on Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorcha

Postby nikki/tony » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:15 pm

im sooo glad i dont have to take my son to school anymore hated getting up knowing i had a2mile walk to the school ,why do schools have to make parents wait outside in the bad weather to pick them up? we tryed one year to get them to put up a bus shelter ,didnt get anything :?
wytchwood
nikki/tony

Postby Sorcha » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:26 pm

Our school is about a block away, and there is a sort of gateway where they can wait, they can even wait in the school if the weather is nasty! Problem is that the doctor's is at the other side of town, so that means slipping and sliding through a very busy town ( Amsterdam - big city!) and then slipping and sliding back! :? :? :? Hope I will not end up with crutches as well :shock: :shock: :shock: Maybe will be not so brave and take the tram! 8)
Sorcha

Postby nikki/tony » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:57 pm

id take the easy way if i was you .i used to cycle to the school ,everyone would laugh at me turning up on my bike in the snow but i was soon laughing as it as them who struggled ,as i in 8 yrs never fell off once ! :lol: doing the same run 2times a day you learn which bits are likley too be slippy.they banned bikes at the schoolthe next year and i had to walk :cry: they never came out on time ,one day he was 3o minutes late and doors are only opened when the kids come out :cry: or when one of us lost our temper and banged on the doors(wosnt me honest :roll: )
wytchwood
nikki/tony

Next

Return to The Village Green