good books/authors?

A place for general chat with Stonewylde friends

Moderator: mrb

Postby Carprimulgidae » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:57 pm

Sorcha wrote:I am now reading "Heir to Sevenwaters" by Juliet Marillier. And again this book swept me off my feet!! I just cannot stop reading! All her books are quite good. She is a pagan as well, a druid and writes the books from a druid perspective! Here is the link to her website and her books!! Highly recommended!!!

http://www.julietmarillier.com/news.htm

Looks good Sorcha
i got so much to do and not enough time to start another book it has to be a special one for me to start it, funny how i ended up reading Stonewylde and got hooked within pages. some books never seem to click & i never get past the first few chapters :roll: I got so many refrence books to digest I think i need two heads :?
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sorcha » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:23 am

You will find these books special!! Specially Wolfskin and Foxmask and the last two of the Bridei Chronicles and this last one is also really very very good!! I enjoyed the Sevenwater's trilogy as well!!!
Sorcha

Postby Beantighe » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:48 pm

Well I've just finished Priestess of the Forest and it really is a fantastic read. There were a few comments on Amazon, and I totally agree with one person who said that the ending is left wide open for a sequel or two. A vivid, spellbinding tale with genuine rituals, herbal medicine and invocations woven effortlessly into the story.

Hope you get a copy at a decent price, Carp. I think I got it for £12.99. Every penny well spent!
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby sea sprite » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:46 pm

The Juliet Marillier books look good. I'll try and check them out at some point :D
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Dec 20, 2008 12:31 am

thanks Beantighe
i dont think i will look this side of the new year, having just got some stuff i really needed :lol: i am now a bit poorer :roll:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Midge » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:56 am

I recently finished the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer. Loved it. I introduced two other people to it who loved it too.

Just lent someone my stonewylde books too. :wink:

Here's some more.

Marley and Me by John Grogan (had me in tears! As well as in stitches)

The Tudor series by Philippa Gregory - The Other Boleyn Girl was brilliant! I also loved The Constant Princess from that series.

Chocolat by Joanne Harris is brilliant, and I also loved her Five Quarters of the Orange. She is another pagan author.

The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger is an amazing book.

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom, and also Tuesdays With Morrie by the same author, this one is a biography and really touching.
Midge

Postby Aingeal » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:27 am

Try virtually anything written by Charles De Lint, he's one of my favourites :wink:
Aingeal

Postby Moongoddess » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:53 am

Aingeal wrote:Try virtually anything written by Charles De Lint, he's one of my favourites :wink:

He's one of my favourites too!.....I've read Moonheart so many time.....I love it [smilie=msn_heart.gif] [smilie=msn_heart.gif]
Moongoddess

Previous

Return to The Village Green