technical hitch???

A place for general chat with Stonewylde friends

Moderator: mrb

Postby Sorcha » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:20 pm

I agree with most of the others, the site is used very frequently and there will be more and more members, so maybe the site should change. I am sure there will be a possibility to make it as homey as this site!! :P :P :P This mostly has to do with the people writing on the site and I assume that will not change :wink: Would it be possible to transfer the topics to the new site or do we have to start all over again!?? Sometimes I like to re-read old topics etc. Anyway Kit, whatever you decide I am okay with it!! :P :P
Sorcha

Postby Sorcha » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:26 pm

Sorry Kit I see you already wrote about migrating the threads! :oops: I would be wonderful is that would be possible!!
Sorcha

Postby sea sprite » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:30 pm

As long as the PC could cope then I wouldn't mind upgrading. However, I really don't thnk it would manage it, so I may be a bit quiet for a while :lol: (until I can persuade hubby that I really need a new PC :P )
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Sujee » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:20 pm

Thanks for this thread Rose! I have PMd Mr B a couple of times about server messages I was receiving and it looks as though size does matter! :wink:

I love the look of this forum - so many I have poked my nose into have either been very dark or just plain white and I prefer this as it matches the website and is cosy feeling, if you know what I mean.

However, I am trying hard not to be such a techophobe and if a move is necessary at some point in the future (when Mr B wins the lottery and can retire to manage us full time :lol: ) then I am for it. PC should cope as it is quite new, but as several others have said, including Kit, the look and feel of this place is inviting and easy to navigate, has readable font, simple tools but does lack the direct upload facility...

Count me in with whatever you decide for the best, I trust you to find us a lovely new home! :D

P.S. if I lose a post I go 'back' too and resubmit teh post, tends to work for me these days
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Firecracker » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:24 pm

I'm torn..... I do love this place. Its where the forum started out and it is very user friendly.

However the forum is growing all the time.... and maybe if a move is going to necessery at some point.. it may be better now, before there are thousands of posts to migrate and a thousand member.
Firecracker

Postby Beantighe » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:49 pm

I do know it is definitely possible to migrate posts when setting up a new host site, as this has happened with my other 'home' forum, as Firecracker knows! :wink: We regularly have between 700 - 800 members there, and every so often Ryewolf, the site owner, has to do some 'spring cleaning' of members who have joined but never posted. It's always possible to come back and re-register anyway, so no harm done. Just thought you'd like to know, Kit. Also, if it's a bigger host site, it should be possible to migrate all posts without having to lose any.

The only reservation I have is, that being so optically challenged (read Mrs Magoo, lol!) I do need a font (gee, aren't I getting good at all these technical terms!! :lol: ) that's a decent size and easy to read - some of them are so small I have to change the zoom level, and then the pages get cut off at the sides! :(

[smilie=msn_kiss.gif]

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Great to hear your views

Postby mrb » Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:13 am

Thx for all your really useful views. Over the past few months I have had a number of requests for different features to be embedded into the forum. I've made some investigations and some can be done reasonably easily and some are more complex and require a "webhead" to do them.

The software we are using for this forum is starting to show its age and limitations in expandability. Looking around the web, there are some interesting possibilities with newer offerings. I think these will allow us to expand the use of the forum to easily incorporate the things being asked for and to enable the community to grow further.

As Kit said, though, it wont happen overnight!

Mr.B.
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com
and the Stonewylde Village Store at www.stonewyldestore.com

Signup to the Newletter to keep in touch with progress on the Stonewylde Series. Signup at: http://www.stonewylde.com/subscribe.htm
mrb

The Topsy syndrome

Postby cornmother » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:17 am

Thanks, MrB
XX
CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Previous

Return to The Village Green