december

A place for general chat with Stonewylde friends

Moderator: mrb

december

Postby solsticedreamer » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:41 am

i dont know about where you are but december rolled in bright and sunny here in the new forest with just a few white whispy clouds high in the sky :)
is it really december? where has the year gone? for me it has really raced by and i have been trying to think of what i have achieved...one to ponder on over the coming few weeks :)
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Greymalkin » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:35 am

What a good thread. What have I achieved this year? I've managed to secure my operation date for March and after my surgery I will be a whole lot better. I've managed to find a really good group of people with whom I can celebrate my faith with. I learned a new way of reading the Tarot cards. I've made some wonderful new friends (and not too many enemies) oh and of course, I've discovered a series of books that will remain very special to me for the rest of my life (Stonewylde of course! LOL) so all in all, not a bad year for me. :D
Greymalkin

Postby Sujee » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:52 pm

That sounds like you have had a very positive year GM :D

I shall have to ponder on mine for a while but it has been a year of not's, not yes's - if you get what I mean?

I will echo your words though, best thing done this year - making a whole new bunch of lovely friends on this forum. :D :lol:

Will get back on here with my ponderings when I get home from the rat-race later on........
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby solsticedreamer » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:54 pm

greymalkin that sounds good~i hope the operation goes well for you, hopefully it will open up new things for you as well :)

as for me...well i finally was able to move back to the village where i grew up and am now just five minutes from my mum and sister
...the move also meant that finally swampy and i now have a bit of spare cash each month
...i finally have a second bedroom which has my alter in, a place to sit quietly with my thoughts and oracle cards :)
i have met lots of lovely new people who i will finally meet in person next year :D
solsticedreamer

Postby Sujee » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:25 pm

I have...
....seen my beautiful amazing daughter leave home for University to follow her dreams :D :D
....helped my mother move to a lovely cottage 5 mins from my sister and her children so my Mum is now really happy and loving her new life
....seen friends lose their jobs through redundancy :(
....booked to go to my first Gathering/Festival next September (I wonder where that is then...) :lol: 8)
....worried about what others think of me and then learned that I really don't care. I am me - take me or leave me as you will, so now I feel much better about myself
....lost over a stone in weight and am now trying to maintain it
.... have had some interesting dates but not yet found a mate :lol: :roll:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby solsticedreamer » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:56 am

Sujee wrote:....worried about what others think of me and then learned that I really don't care. I am me - take me or leave me as you will, so now I feel much better about myself

:D hooray i love it when people say this!

thaks for sharing sujee :)
solsticedreamer

Postby Beantighe » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:07 am

Took the words out of my mouth, Sujee! And it's taken so many years out of my life for me to finally feel like that. I put it down to not having the energy to worry any more about what people thought of me. It's mind over matter - I don't mind, and they don't matter! :wink:
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Sujee » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby MPoppins » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:26 pm

Completed my PGCE, moved up north to be with my partner, enjoyed four months of pregnancy before losing my baby, facing bankruptcy, diagnosed with depression and had enough of being unemployed and poor....but glad glad glad to be in love so that all other things are bearable. 2008 had been tough but I have grown, I hope 2009 brings good news and good times - the depression may be looming but perhaps we can all find fun and happiness in good company and simple things.
Dance as though no-one is watching,
Love as though you've never been hurt,
Work to live as though there is no money,
Clap with one hand.
MPoppins

Postby Moongoddess » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:38 pm

Mpoppins - I certainly hope that 2009 brings a far better year for you than 2008 seems to have.....but even in the bad times, you have still had good things happen to you too.
Here's hoping that 2009 bring you much happiness and prosperity with your partner.

I've found lots of new fantastic new friends this year - all thanks to Kit.
I've flown on a plane for the first time in my life, and enjoyed it
I've managed to make my garden look a little better than it did....hopefully 2009 will bring some better weather so I can enjoy it more :D
I've been on an elephant ride and seen two of my dearest friends get married - hope the future holds wonderful experiences for the two of them
on the down side I've lost a dearly loved uncle and Andrew has recently lost his job.
.........but we both have our health and we are happy together, which no amount of money can buy.

Merry Yule to everyone in Stonewylde and may 2009 bring you everything you could ever wish for :D
Moongoddess

Postby Sujee » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:50 pm

MPoppins - it has been a tough year for you one way or another but you are a shining example of triumph over adversity! You can see what went wrong, accept it and still show the world how in love you are and how happy that makes you.

MG - you have had so much on your plate too, and Andy losing his job is a horrid end to the year.... I am glad you managed to get to Goa and have a wonderful store of memories to take out and look at when things seem impossible.

2009 will be a good year for us all - after all with all the positive thoughts about 2009 flying around here, and if we all think hard about what we wish and envisage for next year, sympathetic magic should be doing its job as we speak.....
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby MPoppins » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:38 am

I believe that too Sujee.
Dance as though no-one is watching,
Love as though you've never been hurt,
Work to live as though there is no money,
Clap with one hand.
MPoppins

Postby Ebany » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:39 am

This is a lovely thread!! To start with - it's wonderful to read that people have overcome all sorts of problems this year and have managed to turn negatives into positives!!! To all of you, may you receive the blessings you so richly deserve!!!!!!

Looking back on my year, what have I achieved?
My year has been a very positve one, things just seemed to work out.

- To start with, I discovered and fell in love with Stonewylde and have now a whole load of new friends. And when I say friends I do mean that I now
consider many of you here as such!!

- I took part in the biggest and best organised concert that I've ever sung in - wonderful!!

- I split up with my girlfriend - we'd been together two and a half years - but we're still very good friends - so no problem.

- Had a wonderful holiday in Wales and Stratford and attended my brothers wedding - a new start for him, wonderful to see him getting himself sorted out!!

- My bonding with two very dear friends has reached new levels, not lovers, more soul mates.

I'm looking forward to 2009, the PFI conference here in the Netherlands where Kit will be one of our guest speakers.
Of course, the big event which I'm looking forward to is our Harvest Moon Gathering and the chance to finally meet up with so many people from this wonderful community of ours!!!!!
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Carprimulgidae » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:48 pm

thinking on this one so will have to come back :lol:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sorcha » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:27 pm

For me also lots of things happened in 2008!

- The most important thing is that I found balance; balance in the Craft, balance in my family and balance in my friendships! :P :P Very important, though very hard work to keep everyone happy!! :? :? :roll: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:

- Also important is my initiation this Samhain, a very beautiful step to further my education and follow my path!

- I have met some fantastic people this year and gained some wonderful international friendships in New York, Italy, but also here on the forum! !! :P :P :P :P

- And I have found out about the books of Stonewylde ( have to thank Ebany for that, thanks dear!! :P :P ) ) and joined this forum! It can be a bit addictive and I spend much more time in the Jack than I should, but it is just too much fun!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) :wink: :wink: :wink:

- I have found a wonderful working partner in the Craft! It is like, to use Ebany's words, working with a soul mate, a very good friend. For me having worked in larger groups, this is a very different energy and very powerful, and beautiful!!!

- I have found so many people with lots of knowledge and experience on my path and I am really very grateful for that!! It is incredible how fast things went the last 5 years! Through this I learned so much, mostly about myself, and I found out what my path is! Now it is the travelling on this path that I have to do! :wink:

- And I was on Times Square when Obama was elected!! A very emotional moment!!! And a historical moment! Hope that " The Times they are a Changin'"; to use Bob Dylan's words! Played that song a lot on the day of the election!!

- The down side of this year is that I spent a lot of time in the hospital with both my kids! Not really serious things, luckily, but we have never been so many times in the hospital as this year! Now I still have my son hobbling around with crutches! :? :? :roll: :roll:

So lots of things happened this year and the next year will be exciting as well!! Among others; the Gathering!!!! I am so much looking forward to meeting you all!! :P :P :P :P :P :P And the PFI Conference in May! Looking forward to meeting you and MrB. then, Kit, and showing you around Amsterdam!!
:P :P :P
Sorcha

Return to The Village Green