The Frailty Of Life

A place for general chat with Stonewylde friends

Moderator: mrb

The Frailty Of Life

Postby Greymalkin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:59 am

It's not until life bites do you realise just how strange the twists and turns of life can be.

I had a phone call at 5am this morning from my Sister telling me our Grandmother had died.
She was an old lady, in her upper 80's - but in everyway as fit and healthy as a woman of that age could be.

Apparently she fell out of bed last night at 1am and by 4:30 she was dead.

I only saw her at the weekend and she was in fine fettle. It just goes to show how you should enjoy every minute when you're with a loved one.

Now I'm getting maudlin. I'll shut up.
Greymalkin

Postby Beantighe » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:33 am

Oh Grey, I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news. Sending you a great big *hug* and my deepest sympathy. It must have been such a shock. I hope you will find some comfort in the knowledge that your grandmother knew how much you loved her.

Take care, my friend,

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby wherethewildrosesgrow » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:52 pm

oh Greymalkin I'm so sorry to hear your sad news. Blessings to you and may your Grandmother be happy and at rest. xxx
where the willow weeps tears of diamond
and the oak bleeds pearls of dew
I have often dreamed there....
have you?

http://wherethewildrosesgrow.co.uk
wherethewildrosesgrow

Postby kit » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:47 pm

My sympathy too, Greymalkin. So glad you saw her recently and that she was in good health then. It's a horrible shock to lose someone like this so suddenly, but for her sake, so much better than a long drawn out illness with months of gradually weakening and suffering. And she'll be remembered as you last saw her. It will be sad for you at Christmas though. I lost my grandmother years ago in December and it was almost as if she were with us that Christmas, her presence was so strong.

As you say - we need to appreciate people whilst we have them because we never know what's round the corner for anyone. Wise words - thank you for sharing with us, and please send my sympathy to the rest of your family too. Sad times :(
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Moongoddess » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:26 pm

So Sorry to hear of your sad loss. It's never a good time to lose someone we love, but christmas time always seems more poignant a time than any other. We lost Andrew's dear mother many years ago 2 weeks before christmas, after a long illness; And even though it was a blessing that she was finally free from pain, it still hard to bare.
Please remember the good time, which I sure you will and celebrate the life she had.
Sending love and blessings to you and your family XX
Moongoddess

Postby Sorcha » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:26 pm

I am so sorry to hear this news Greymalkin!! I wish you lots of love and lots of strength coping with this!!

Hugs,

Sorcha
Sorcha

Postby Sujee » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:43 pm

Oh GM, all my love and hugs to you. She sounded as though she was a remarkable lady... And, like Kit says, it was better to go quickly than to linger in a hospital. At that great age, her vigour obviously belied her frailty.

You had precious time with her at the weekend and she knows how you loved her. I hope that your happy memories help asuage your grief. XXX
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Greymalkin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:01 pm

Thank you all so very much for your lovely kind words. It means a lot.
Greymalkin

Postby Sujee » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:02 pm

You are very welcome dearheart. How are you feeling this evening? Have you been to see your family?
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Greymalkin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:08 pm

Yes I have. I'm not too bad actually Sujee. To be honest I don't think it's kicked in with me yet.
I've been at my parents' house all day and all my sisters were there and everyone's upset but to be honest I don't actually feel that upset yet.
The funeral is on the 18th so maybe it will all kick in by then.

I think my pagan beliefs have been a bit help to me though. It may sound strange but I don't see death as a 'big thing' I honestly do see it as a natural progression of life.

Also, being a Medium I can chat to my Nan anytime I like.
Greymalkin

Postby Sujee » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:19 pm

I was the same when my dad died. I think that because of my beliefs and my understanding of how dad lived his life, I did not grieve for his passing (he was very ill) but for my loss, and that is what grief is.

I grieved for my loss and for what he would never physically see my daughter achieve, but I know that he is with her when she needs him.

Hugs to you GM, will think of you on 18th. xx
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Greymalkin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:21 pm

Thanks Sujee. :)
Greymalkin

Postby Sujee » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:24 pm

You are very lucky to have the Gift, it must be a great comfort to you.

I sometimes sense 'folk' around me and say hello to them but I do not 'see' them. I do smell smells sometimes though, if you know what I mean?
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Greymalkin » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:42 pm

No it's not a 'gift' honestly, anyone can do it - just like learning the piano or a language.
And like learning the piano or a language some will more of a natural flair than others but really it's not a gift, it doesn't make you special in any way.

It can be as much a pain in the backside as it can be fun though.
Greymalkin

Postby Ebany » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:53 am

Sorry to hear of your loss GM. It's good to see that you have your own way of coming to terms with it all. You'll be able to be there for the people who need you - giving comfort to others can often help with your own grief.
I'll be thinking of you on the 18th.
Ebâny
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Next

Return to The Village Green