Tonight I am...

A place for general chat with Stonewylde friends

Moderator: mrb

Postby Daffodil » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:02 am

Wow - I love the Levellers. I saw them at Brixton Academy when I was 16. It was the last night of the 10 days of anarchy when we were all protesting against the Criminal Justice Bill. Would have been about 1994.

I can't believe my Mum let me go down to London on my own at that age. I seriously doubt that she knew what I was getting up to. There is no way I would let my eldest daughter (who is also 16) do that!

The Levellers were amazing though, I am still a fan, but I don't really keep up with what they are doing anymore. Glad you enjoyed yourself :D
Daffodil

Postby sea sprite » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:06 pm

I was at the anti Criminal Justice Bill demo in Hyde Park in 1994! I was 19 :shock: Where does the time go? Luckily I avoided the riot, but my mum saw it on TV and was worried as she knew that I was going to the demo...

Seeing the Levellers again has reawakened all the old rebelliousness in me :lol: It's been buried for the past few years, especially since becoming a mum. I am now back on track though :wink: [smilie=eusa_dance.gif]

I have to use this smilie in a Levellers post! [smilie=eusa_boohoo.gif]
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:58 pm

sea sprite wrote:I was at the anti Criminal Justice Bill demo in Hyde Park in 1994! I was 19 :shock: Where does the time go? Luckily I avoided the riot, but my mum saw it on TV and was worried as she knew that I was going to the demo...

Seeing the Levellers again has reawakened all the old rebelliousness in me :lol: It's been buried for the past few years, especially since becoming a mum. I am now back on track though :wink: [smilie=eusa_dance.gif]

I have to use this smilie in a Levellers post! [smilie=eusa_boohoo.gif]

Sea Sprite this is esspecially for you going through your rebelliouse phase :lol:

enjoy & have fun :wink: [/img]
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Previous

Return to The Village Green