Tonight I am...

A place for general chat with Stonewylde friends

Moderator: mrb

Tonight I am...

Postby sea sprite » Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:36 pm

going to see the Levellers :D :D :D It's the first night of their tour and it starts in Truro. My husband and I are going and my mum is going to babysit Robin :D

I really hope it's a good night as the last time we saw the Levellers was 3 years ago in Newquay and I didn't enjoy it all as the venue was completely wrong for them (a horrible cheesey nightclub :shock: :? )

I haven't had a good old jump around for ages (well, not in public :lol: )I'm often found to be jumping around on my mini trampoline at home though :lol:
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby kit » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:39 pm

Have a wonderful time, SS!!! It's so good to get out and be just a person again, not a mum, isn't it? Hope you and husband have a lovely time and don't pull anything. Oh :oops: - you know what I mean! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Moongoddess » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:20 pm

Wish I was coming with you Sea Sprite. Hope you have a fantastic time.....I love'm :lol: :lol: :lol: Make sure you're singing loud n proud :lol: :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby Sorcha » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:28 pm

Have a great time Sea Sprite!! Let us know how it was!!! :P :P :P :P :P

Enjoy!!!
Sorcha

Postby Sujee » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:37 pm

I hope you both have a fab time Sea Sprite! I am sure it will be excellent, and I am more than a little jealous so I am expecting a full report tomorrow!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Beantighe » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:00 am

Ooooh, the Levellers, you lucky thing!! *green with envy*

I've liked them for years - My Helene got me an album of one of their concerts for Christmas some years ago, makes me feel all rebellious (as if I needed any encouragement! :oops: )
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Witchypoo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:51 am

Oh! I'm so jealous, I'm a huge Lev's fan (I've got the tattoo to prove it :wink: ) but the only night of this tour I could get too is this Saturday in Manchester but I'm going to be in London. :cry: It'll be the first time since 1991 that I've missed their tour.
Still the tickets for Beautiful Days go on sale this weekend for their fan club members so I'll be spending some time ringing and re-ringing to get that sorted.

I hope you had a great & sweaty time!
Witchypoo

Postby sea sprite » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:07 pm

I had a great and (very :shock: ) sweaty time :D :D :lol: :lol: The Levs were fabulous and played a really good cross section of music. They played quite a lot from 'Weapon called the Word' which was a nice treat. They played for an hour and a half in total and I jumped around madly the whole time :D They had a brilliant support band too. I didn't catch their name, but I think they're form the Czech Republic. They're very much like Gogol Bordello (if you've heard them!) The only downside was that The Levs didn't play 'Battle of the Beanfield', but they made up by playing other classics instead. It was great to see that people are still really into them, as I remember when they got really popular back in the early '90s (I saw them in Sheffield Arena in 1995!) and then their mainstream popularity waned, but us diehards are still going strong :D

Witchypoo, I'd love to go to Beautiful Days, but I'm not a member of 'On the Fiddle' (is it still called that?) I used to be, But I lapsed :oops: Does it tend to sell out to all the fan club members? I suppose it might be a bit awkward going whilst Robin is still so small anyway. He'd need industrial ear defenders as they were LOUD! My right ear is still ringing a bit... :shock: By the way, what is your tattoo of? I like the round swirly logo they have (sorry, not very technical!)

Anyway, back to last night, my husband and I didn't want to get right down in the 'moshpit' as it can get pretty mad, so we stayed a few rows back from that and hardly anyone was dancing where we were. I can never understand people who go to a gig and don't move AT ALL! I was going really insane though and ended up jumping on a few feet in my biker boots :oops: :lol: Needless to say, I'm feeling the effects today, so I will have a nice quiet evening in tonight :D :lol:
sea sprite x

sea sprite

Postby Sorcha » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:30 pm

Sounds like you had a great time Sea Sprite!! Thanks for your report!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Sorcha

Postby creature » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:32 pm

Good girl!!

I also cant understand anyone who doesnt dance at a gig. I cant keep still to any music live or otherwise. Glad you both had a good time.
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
love and light and magic
creature

Postby solsticedreamer » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:38 pm

glad you had a great time~i have lost count how many times i saw them play...way back when in the mists of time :shock: oh i feel old!
i use to follow them all over the south coast and loved all the leaping about associated with being down the front :D

...and gogol bordello are great too :)
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Moongoddess » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:17 pm

So pleased you had a great time Sea sprite...I knew you would :lol: You just can't keep still when listening to the leveller's........you just gotta bounce :lol:
Hope you recover tonight and your ears stop ringing :D
Moongoddess

Postby Carprimulgidae » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:42 pm

now i know why my son moved down to cornwall, clean sea sun & sand along with good music too.
What have we got.... coal tips sheep & bloody rain :roll: ( :oops: sorry)
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Witchypoo » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:27 pm

I'm glad you had a good time SS. :D
The support was Devokej Bill, and yes they are great, they've played Beautiful Days twice.
You'd probably be okay noise wise at BD what with it being open air, plus if you stand near the back its a bit quieter and you get a great view. But if it rains it very quickly becomes muddy, this year I waded up a 'stream' to get back to our tent. Earler that day the 'stream' had been the road! :shock:
They sell out quicker each year, but the tickets for the general public go on sale 5th Jan and if you order then then you should be okay.

My tatt is the 'round swirly logo' on my wrist with ivy leaves making up the band.
Witchypoo

Postby sea sprite » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:53 am

Hi Witchypoo! That tattoo sounds great :D I've remembered that that logo is called 'rolling anarchy'! I was looking on the Levs/On the Fiddle site last night and I'm quite tempted to join up to OTF again, after a lapse of several years :oops:

Whilst it would be nice to go to BD, I don't think it would be practical to camp with Robin :lol: I might consider going if there were day tickets available though.

My ears have now stopped ringing :) That's a relief as it's always a bit worrying when it carries on into the day after the gig :lol:
sea sprite x

sea sprite

Next

Return to The Village Green