Invitation to a Yule Party!

A place for general chat with Stonewylde friends

Moderator: mrb

Invitation to a Yule Party!

Postby Sujee » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:33 pm

The reg'lars at The Jack in the Green would like to cordially invite their fellow forum members to a week long party to celebrate Yule here at Stonewylde!!

The party kicks off here on Sunday 14th December at 8.30 pm and runs until the Solstice on 21st.

The tree is up and trimmed and sparkling by the fireside... There will be food prepared by us but please feel free to bring a dish to share :D There will be music and dancing and mistletoe and Ebany has promised to sing for us!!

Please do come along and join the fun! :D :D
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:12 pm

Who is doing the cleaning up aftterwards :?:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:20 pm

Oh Carp, trust you to think of that! We will clean up after ourselves each night and make sure the tree is watered too, so it does not dry out. Then each night is ready to go as friends arrive :D

You can organise the cleaning rota now for that :lol:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby kit » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:40 pm

Sujee there's a chance that the new forum may be open for this - what a wonderful way to kick it off! Jack in the Green with a lick of paint (and better uploading facilities etc!). Will keep you all posted -
The B is working on it right now (and has been every evening for quite a while). :D
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Carprimulgidae » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:42 am

another thing i missed out on, i turn my back for a couple of days and it all happends on here :roll:

well done mrB :wink:

Carprimulgidae

Postby creature » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:47 am

Can we have mulled wine? :P
love and light and magic
creature

Postby sea sprite » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:55 am

I'll try and be there, PC permitting :? :(
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Sorcha » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:37 am

creature wrote:Can we have mulled wine? :P

I promised to take care of the mulled wine, bockbeer ( for Ebany and anyone else who likes to try!:wink: ) appelbollen ( apple in pastry with cinnamon and sugar) , stroopwafels ( waffles with thick syrup between them), speculaas ( sort of cookie with spices) and there is plenty of space for presents beneath the tree so we can all bring presents for each other!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Sorcha

Postby Ebany » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:03 pm

OOH Sorcha - appelbollen and bockbier - you know that the way to a mans heart is through his stomach!!!! for all you poor English people who've not yet tried appelbollen, you are in for a treat!!!! :D :D
Gerthddyn, Chattering elf.
Ebany

Postby Carprimulgidae » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:58 pm

Eb the apple whats it sounds nice but I am a bit concerned about the watering of the tree :roll: I wish Sujee hadnt mentioned that I have sleepless nights now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carprimulgidae

Postby wherethewildrosesgrow » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:45 pm

I shall be there from start to finish :wink: I'll bring my rose petal champagne, and lots of lovely nibbly things - I make a mean rosemary and gruyere pastry stick thingy and just for ebany I'll bring lots of NUTS :wink: If I'm silent for a few hours you'll find me in a corner somewhere gibbering quietly to myself :P :wink: [smilie=msn_beer.gif] [smilie=msn_beer.gif] [smilie=msn_beer.gif] [smilie=msn_drink.gif] [smilie=msn_drink.gif] [smilie=msn_drink.gif] [smilie=eusa_dance.gif] [smilie=eusa_dance.gif] [smilie=eusa_dance.gif] [smilie=msn_weird.gif] [smilie=msn_weird.gif] [smilie=msn_weird.gif] [smilie=eusa_angel.gif] [smilie=msn_tongue.gif] [smilie=msn_cigarette.gif] [smilie=msn_cigarette.gif] [smilie=msn_cigarette.gif] :lol:
where the willow weeps tears of diamond
and the oak bleeds pearls of dew
I have often dreamed there....
have you?

http://wherethewildrosesgrow.co.uk
wherethewildrosesgrow

Postby Sujee » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:33 pm

I am making mulled cider with a shot or mead, jam tarts (for feeding the inner child) and Christmas Pudding. Will also bring along cheese straws (no party is complete with out them) and twiglets (no offence Tree and Root :lol: ) Can't compete with Sorcha's cooking but wil make a Cheese and Potato Pie in case we need something warming for the walk home afterwards....

Rose, your food sounds mouthwatering too, am drooling now [smilie=eusa_drool.gif]

The thought of the new forum being open in time is exciting Kit! I was under the impression that it was going to take ages....

Hurrah for Mr B - we will have to toast both you for bringing us all here and Mr B for making it technically possible [smilie=msn_beer.gif] [smilie=msn_drink.gif] [smilie=msn_gift.gif]
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby wherethewildrosesgrow » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:35 pm

ooh sujee cheese and potato pie YUM YUM :D :D :D :D :D
where the willow weeps tears of diamond
and the oak bleeds pearls of dew
I have often dreamed there....
have you?

http://wherethewildrosesgrow.co.uk
wherethewildrosesgrow

Postby Moongoddess » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:40 pm

O wow, a Yule party at a new spruced up Jack....... :D :D There's posh! I'll be making chocolate cake, cherry trifle, pigs in blankets and any other tasty nibbles I can think of [smilie=msn_cake.gif] [smilie=msn_pizza.gif] [smilie=msn_bowl.gif] Don't forget to bring prezzie to put under the tree everyone [smilie=msn_gift.gif] and make sure your lips are ready to pucker up for a kiss under the mistletoe
[smilie=msn_kiss.gif] [smilie=msn_kiss.gif] [smilie=msn_kiss.gif] [smilie=msn_laugh.gif] [smilie=msn_laugh.gif]
Moongoddess

Postby Sujee » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:50 pm

wherethewildrosesgrow wrote:ooh sujee cheese and potato pie YUM YUM :D :D :D :D :D

Do you want ketchup with yours...?!

MG, i have got the Nigella's Christmas book - will be looking in there now for yummy treats!

Will make a Kissing Ball for the Mistletoe with some damp oasis and ribbons - then we can make sure it lasts better for all that kissing!! [smilie=msn_kiss.gif]

Are we making the Christmas Presents ourselves? After all, no plastic in The Village as far as I am aware... :wink:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Next

Return to The Village Green