Calling on all cat lovers for help

A place for general chat with Stonewylde friends

Moderator: mrb

Postby Kas » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:55 pm

Hi Katt, I've signed the petition and read your poem, and like others that have read it, it brought tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat. I have a beautiful black cat and can't imagine having anything so painful and pointless done to him. It must be humiliating for them too. Some people just see pets as possessions, and not a life that has feelings and emotions and thoughts too. I really feel for our animal friends and see them as an equal to me, so I will definitely be passing it on. Good luck with this.
Kas

Postby kattaddorra » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:02 am

Thank you Kas. I look at our 2 beautiful cats too and think how could anyone mar their perfection ! Yes some people do look upon them as possessions but I like you, consider their lives and happiness and right to live life as they were meant to, are equally as important.
It was wonderful to come on this morning and find 3 more signatures !
Katt :D
http://clawsforever.ning.com/

As ye sow,so shall ye reap
kattaddorra

Postby wiccan woman » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:48 am

Katt it is going so very well, may I say once again well done to you and your sister for setting this up, because of that it has saved some poor unfortunate cats from this fate.
)O( Wiccan Woman )O(
wiccan woman

Postby Beantighe » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:14 am

Please, anyone that loves cats, please come and join Katt's forum and help to swell our numbers. I've just been on there to throw a few more ideas in the pot - look on Katt's blog! We need people with talents and know-how as well as know-who!!! :D Let's make 2009 the year this barbarous practise was banned!!!

Love Beantighe

xxxx
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby Sujee » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:29 pm

As an off shoot, my little aged cat Tabitha was out today and when I got home I could see little pawprints of blood outside the door!! I went to call her and she came in very stiffly...

I had a good look and I dont think she was struck by a car. Her claws were intact and her pads were fine so I think it unlikely to be a car. But maybe got into a scrap with a younger cat so maybe she needs to calm down now and remember she is on anti inflammatories these days!! :lol: :roll:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Moongoddess » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:36 pm

Sujee wrote:As an off shoot, my little aged cat Tabitha was out today and when I got home I could see little pawprints of blood outside the door!! I went to call her and she came in very stiffly...

I had a good look and I dont think she was struck by a car. Her claws were intact and her pads were fine so I think it unlikely to be a car. But maybe got into a scrap with a younger cat so maybe she needs to calm down now and remember she is on anti inflammatories these days!! :lol: :roll:

hope your puss is ok, they are very teritorial though and any cats in their area, they'll fight regardless of age.....my mums cat's the same :? :?
Moongoddess

Postby Beantighe » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:45 pm

Oh poor little soul, Sujee!! Lots of love and strokes and kitty-hugs to her! Hope she's OK now.

This petition and Katt's website has now become my Cause for the New Year - I've got my thinking cap on and my battleaxe out! Joan of Arc move over!!! :twisted:
Beantighe

Postby Sujee » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:56 pm

She has had a meal and some drops (which she needs anyway) and that has taken some of the stiffness in her back end away but she is talking talking talking as if she is telling me what happened - I just don't understand her enough!

She can say 'out' tho, which is funny cos she knows what that means, so she says ou' - with a glottal stop which is good enough for the both of us to understand! :lol:

She is off on her holidays until Saturday which is fab for me but not so fab for her, she will miss her creature comforts :wink:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby kattaddorra » Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:28 am

I hope Tabitha is OK today,reading about her reminded me of our Ebony, she lived until she was almost 17 last year, she had diabetes for 3 years but she still ruled our Grove ! She ruled our other 2 cats too, Walter and Jozef, the 2 of them had to split her job when she left us,they couldn't decide who was top cat :D and they still can't !

kattaddorra

Postby Beantighe » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:17 pm

Just posted the petition link onto my Facebook page as well, so anyone logging on can see it and hopefully sign it.
Beantighe

Postby kattaddorra » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:58 am

I've got an anti declaw group on there ....somewhere ...my niece suggested, but Facebook is one baffling place to me ! :oops:

kattaddorra

Postby Kas » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:50 pm

Aw Sujee, hope Tabitha is a lot better now. They do make us worry don't they? Bless them.
Kas

Postby Sujee » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:53 pm

Thanks Kas, she is much better thank you but a friend suggested she see an animal chiropractor to check her back out. She will come to the house and do it which is less stressful for the animal so I may give it a try. She so wants to go out hunting but hates the cold....
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Previous

Return to The Village Green