Just to say.............

A place for general chat with Stonewylde friends

Moderator: mrb

Postby Beantighe » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:36 pm

Now you're talking!! :P :P

Or a steaming hot cocoa with a good slug of brandy! (Could do with one now!) [smilie=eusa_drool.gif]
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby kattaddorra » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:58 pm

My niece has been this afternoon and brought home made 'rocky road'
I'd never heard of it before, it's very rich and chocolatey with nougat and turkish delight and something nutty in ..mmmm...I wish I could give you all a piece !
And for me a G and T with another piece, later .... 8)
Katt
http://clawsforever.ning.com/

As ye sow,so shall ye reap
kattaddorra

Postby Kas » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:07 pm

I'm liking the sound of this big hugging session with tea and biscuits, Baileys and Rocky Road sound right up my street :lol: I got excited about it being the 21st Dec, I always do, because in my head I now know we're heading back to brighter days. Woo woo :D Knowing that lifts my spirits up. So when I get up in the dark tomorrow, I'll be thinking of those hugs and big steaming mugs of tea. :) :) :)
Kas

Postby Beantighe » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:37 pm

Hmmm.............my dentist is gonna love me when I go for my next check-up in January - all those chewy chocolatey things and biscuits! [smilie=eusa_naughty.gif] Wonder which part of the world he'll come from this time? - or it might even be a 'she'! :lol:

Have any of you ever had that dream where you wake up and all your teeth are on the pillow beside you? [smilie=eusa_sick.gif]
Beantighe

Postby Carprimulgidae » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:50 pm

Beantighe if you get dreams like that what did you do in the 60's :lol:

i think men dentice are much more gentle than women, excluding the ones we had in school that is. I remember me and my friend standing waiting with our parents out side the big green van. it got the better of my friend and he ran off, if i knew what was to come i would have run with him.... like a lamb to the slaugter and it left its mark to this day i am more than terrified :lol:
NEEDLES i hate them, i can stick them in anyone or in myself but if anyone else is doing it :roll: I am a baby :shock:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Beantighe » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:56 pm

Ooh, I remember the school dentist's wagon in the school playground too,Carp! The steps to go up, and the smell of gas and rubber (the dreaded mask) that met you at the door!

Funnily enough, I don't mind needles at the dentist's, it's the icy cold water I dread - I've got very sensitive teeth, and when the water hits them, it's like something out of Marathon Man - AAAAAAAARGH!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: I've made dentists laugh before now - when they ask if I've got any problems I say yes! Cold water! If that water's too cold, you'll be prising bits of me off the ceiling! And you know, some of them actually look up! :lol:
Beantighe

Postby Witchypoo » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:51 pm

I'm sorry you feel so low Honey, could John not go with you to the Doc's? If you have moral support you might be able to deal with the Doc better.
And you can get special lights that you sit in front on that are supposed to help S.A.D. I've never tried them myself but a girl I used to work with swore by one.
Witchypoo

Postby Beantighe » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:26 am

Thank you so much for the suggestion, sweetie, but I am sworn never to go near a doctor again so long as I live. Doctors can't do anything, not for this. I feel the answer is just to endure and be patient. It will pass eventually when Spring returns with a new Sun.
Beantighe

Postby Sujee » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:26 pm

What about a Naturopath or a Homeopath or Herbalist Beantighe? They may be able to help you out and sometimes some McTimoney Chiropractic or Cranial Sacral can assist. :?:

If you are not squeamish try acupuncture as well.....?! :twisted: :wink:
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Beantighe » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:58 pm

I've had acupuncture before, hon, and it's not too bad at all - it's just the cost of these things! I went to a Chinese doctor a few years ago, and it took all my savings, nearly £200!!! :shock: :shock: He prescribed some herbs for me to take as a tea (tasted absolutely VILE) and when they didn't help, he wanted to prescribe some more, at about £32 for a week's supply! I think he saw me coming!! :evil:

It really annoys me that some herbal doctors seem to take advantage of people's desperation and fleece them in the process.

These days I rely on no-one but myself and sheer bloodyminded stubbornness to get over things! :wink:
Beantighe

Previous

Return to The Village Green