Tried to post this on the new place and failed, timed out!!!

A place for general chat with Stonewylde friends

Moderator: mrb

Tried to post this on the new place and failed, timed out!!!

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:34 am

Up nice and early this morning (well not that early) 07:00 and with it being the dark moon the sky was full of stars, so looking at the sky for 10 mins and listening to a Song Thrush singing his heart out was the most perfect start to a day you could wish for.
Now it's light and watching 2 Robins competing for my garden space, these two have sneaked in when the resident Robin was off in another garden so they wont be around for many days. How do i know, thats a secret which only one or two of you will know.

the frost hasnt started to thaw yet but the temp is slowly rising & now only just below freezing.
Bring on the SNOW :-)

MrB if your reading this HELP :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby solsticedreamer » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:18 am

woke up this morning to a very heavy frost and sat watching our bird family with my first lemon tea of the day :)
glad to see a sparrow busy at the nuts and sunflower seeds on offer and also started to buy mealworms for the robins and sparrows!
increasing finch activity too :D
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:01 am

thats great SDsame here this morning but no lemon tea :lol: it was toast banana and normal cuppa, still ice opn the car at 11:00 so looks like frost here all day, spring will be on its way now.
great to hear from you both xx

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:23 am

Hi!! Claire and I were driving home at the time you posted that thread and there had been a huge frost in Wiltshire and the sky was so clear it was amazing but bitterly cold... We drove over the downs near Calne and the sky was a baby blue with pink tipped clouds scattered around... to our right the sun was shining and just beginning to peep over the hills. As we drove past avebury and Silbury the sun rose above the hills but all you could see was his lower curve as his head was in a band of pink clouds.... magical!!

As we drove on he rose through the clouds and shone down on us so brightly that I was almost in tears, it was a perfect winter morning and the mist was rising to greet the sun, and I was able to witness it's perfection.

Bliss!!!!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Moongoddess » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:37 am

Sujee wrote:Hi!! Claire and I were driving home at the time you posted that thread and there had been a huge frost in Wiltshire and the sky was so clear it was amazing but bitterly cold... We drove over the downs near Calne and the sky was a baby blue with pink tipped clouds scattered around... to our right the sun was shining and just beginning to peep over the hills. As we drove past avebury and Silbury the sun rose above the hills but all you could see was his lower curve as his head was in a band of pink clouds.... magical!!

As we drove on he rose through the clouds and shone down on us so brightly that I was almost in tears, it was a perfect winter morning and the mist was rising to greet the sun, and I was able to witness it's perfection.

Bliss!!!!

Wow, please say you had your camera handy and you took lots of beautiful photos :D ...........you didn't did you :(
Moongoddess

Postby Sujee » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:32 pm

Well, I did have my camera with me but it was in the back in a bag... :oops: :oops:

claire would not have stopped anyway - she had to get back for work :( It was amazing though, take my word for it and if I get a chance I will look for a repeat performance tomorrow or monday and take the camera along too!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Sorcha » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:38 pm

It is beautiful here too!! Frosty and now blue sky, very bright sunlight and no cloud to be seen!!! :P :P :P :P Last night a magnificent starry sky, it felt as if I could touch the stars, so clear it was!! :P :P :P Tonight I am aiming for a walk in the woods, after dinner! Love the woods at night! :P :P Enjoy your day. my friends!! :P :P :P
Sorcha

Postby Moongoddess » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:40 pm

It very grey and boring here....no sun, roll on the spring :D
Moongoddess

Postby Sujee » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:44 pm

Is bitterly cold here now and cloudy, I just want to put the heating on and sleep!

My mum's cat George kept coming to me last night and snuggling down but then getting up to kiss me and walk around the bed and bite my nose... from 01.30 onwards!! :x If I had shut the door he would have just banged on it so it was no choice really...!

My little cat is home now too and has gone out to check her territory, hopefuly without any fighting this time :lol: :lol: (ah, smilies, I do miss them!)
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Moongoddess » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:50 pm

Sujee wrote:Is bitterly cold here now and cloudy, I just want to put the heating on and sleep!

My mum's cat George kept coming to me last night and snuggling down but then getting up to kiss me and walk around the bed and bite my nose... from 01.30 onwards!! :x If I had shut the door he would have just banged on it so it was no choice really...!

My little cat is home now too and has gone out to check her territory, hopefuly without any fighting this time :lol: :lol: (ah, smilies, I do miss them!)

Cats eh! My Mothers cat Phoebe, she's very particular who she goes to! She'll come to me, nudge me for a stroke and then suddenly slaps me and walks of in a huff......! :lol: :lol: :lol: 'that's it I let you stroke me, now leave me alone' !!!!!!!!!
Moongoddess

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:17 pm

Sujee, your morning view sounded wonderful :) it's been nice here all day but very cold with the wind picking up on the mountain making the chill factor worse. even the birds were hiding.

if you take a picture it is never the same as seeing it with your eye but i could imagine it from your great discription :wink:

Carprimulgidae

Return to The Village Green