Moderator: mrb

Old Stonewylde or New Stonewylde

For the old
53%
For the new
47%

Total votes : 17

Postby Moongoddess » Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:47 pm

Greymalkin wrote:How do I find the PM Mr.B has sent me on here?

See? I really am crap with computers. LOL!

Hi GM

if you go to the top of this page, under the banner, there is a line of red words FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroup Profile Personal messages Login/out
The Personal messages should say 1 new message rec'd, click on that should take you to MrB 's message :D
Hope that helps :D
Moongoddess

Postby Greymalkin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:57 am

Thanks Moongoddess but it says 'You have no new messages'. Eek!
Greymalkin

Postby Moongoddess » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:20 am

Greymalkin wrote:Thanks Moongoddess but it says 'You have no new messages'. Eek!

Ahhh, really don't know then :? :? It's definitely not on the new website either :?:

How about sending an email to Kit, asking her to pass on to MrB. Maybe communication between emails would be better while MrB sorts you out

kit.berry@stonewylde.com
Moongoddess

Have sent again

Postby mrb » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:45 am

Hi GM,

my sent messages was full, so guess it didn't send it. Have tried again Please take a look and Post a Reply to that message.

Mr.B.
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com
and the Stonewylde Village Store at www.stonewyldestore.com

Signup to the Newletter to keep in touch with progress on the Stonewylde Series. Signup at: http://www.stonewylde.com/subscribe.htm
mrb

Postby Greymalkin » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:14 am

Ahh that's it. Ok, have done.
Greymalkin

Postby Midge » Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:18 pm

Hi Mr B, you've done the right thing. You have to move with the times. It is hard at first, especially when you're trying to please everyone. I am still finding it confusing now and then on the new site, but I'll soon work it out. Well done.
Midge

Postby swampy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:45 pm

I have voted for the new site, although I love this forum too.
I have actually found the new web site very easy to use and have been able to work out many of the new features.

The only quibble I have with the new site is the fact that the chat feature can be veiwed on the main page by all and sundry. I think this needs to be taken of the main page and only accessed by bona fide members.

I think that Mr.B has done us all a big favour to set this up while the membership is at its current level, saving on lots of moans and groans later. All new things have their teething troubles and the new forum is no exception, but please give it a chance.

If there is any assistance I can give to anyone on the new site then please send me a message on there. I am willing to help nyone with the tech probs they are having and this may give Mr.B more time to get those smilies up and running ;)
Old Guys Rule!
swampy

Postby cornmother » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:19 pm

Yo, Swampy!
I entirely agree with all you say, particularly about the chat room being wide open on display for all to see on the main page - not good, and I've already said my piece about that - on the wide open chat room! I hope MrB can remove it from the front page - though it would be handy to use that space instead to see at a glance who's online at the moment.

Please can you/SD put in the link to SD's lovely blog, on her My Page, now that MrB/Kit have explained how to put a link in to websites/blogsites/other interesting stuff. I know a lot of people will find it handy to have the link there in front of their noses (me, for instance!) instead of having to come back here and look up the URL link on the Members List. There are quite a few members with lovely blogs, including our new (or should I say 'noo') American members, and it all adds to the Stonewylde ethos. We villagers should get out more often and see what's happening in the outside world.

Old gals rule OK, too
:)
CM
Joy, Health, Love and Peace
cornmother

Postby swampy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:48 pm

Hey CM

I will put SD's blog address on her page for her right now. :D

Old Gals do rule too :D

I only use the 'Old Guys Rule' signature after SD's sister brought me back a t-shirt from USA with the 'old guys rule' wording on it along with a picture of a more mature snowboarder, just like me. It's kind of stuck now so I use it all the time!!!

The OGR brand do loads of cool stuff for us 'Old Guys' I have another t-shirt with the logo on and the byline of 'The older I get...The better I was!' Sounds about right for me :lol:
Old Guys Rule!
swampy

Postby swampy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:17 pm

well I have followed the destructions to the letter and yet the blog address is invisible.....GRRRRRRR. Will keep pluging at it.
Old Guys Rule!
swampy

Postby swampy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:31 pm

well I have followed the destructions to the letter and yet the blog address is invisible.....GRRRRRRR. Will keep pluging at it.
Old Guys Rule!
swampy

Postby wherethewildrosesgrow » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:43 pm

I'm having exacto samo problemo with my website address - it appears when you add the hyperlink in edit mode and then hey presto - GONE when you click save :twisted: I've done it so many times I think the new forum might explode :lol: :lol:
where the willow weeps tears of diamond
and the oak bleeds pearls of dew
I have often dreamed there....
have you?

http://wherethewildrosesgrow.co.uk
wherethewildrosesgrow

Postby swampy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:58 pm

Hello Rosey, I have just tried adding in SD's blog address as a comment on my own page and once again it has become invisible!!!! I will keep trying though
Old Guys Rule!
swampy

Postby swampy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:01 pm

just tried adding it as a blog post too and got the same results!!! :x
Old Guys Rule!
swampy

Postby kit » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:31 pm

I've just voted, and it was for the new! You may remember a while back (November?) I posted about not wanting a new forum. Greymalkin laughed because I said I liked the homeliness of this one. I still do. But it seems so simplistic now compared to the other one. I love the extra bits and pieces on that, although the actual forum isn't as easy to use. But all said and done, and much as I really love this old forum, I think overall the new one is better and certainly will be in the long run, once we've ironed out all the wrinkles. Poor Old B is working right now on the adding a hyperlink problem (and swearing too :lol:) Oh - and he's convinced the smileys will be coming soon as apparently lots of other users are complaining so it's only a short matter of time he reckons before they'll be added. :roll:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

PreviousNext

Return to The Village Green