Fave bits? ***Spoiler if not read all three***

Discussions about the Stonewylde Series of books

Moderator: mrb

Fave bits? ***Spoiler if not read all three***

Postby Firecracker » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:51 am

So which bits of the books were your fave bits? I know the books were fab the whole way through but were there any bits that really stood out to you as lovely, or exciting or made you feel really sad?

One of my best bits was where Clip finally stood up to his brother in the hall when Magus made Sylvie tell Yul that she was his sister. I was practically bouncing up and down on the sofa with excitement!

And I was really on the edge of my seat at Samhain when I thought Yul was going to die..... I was willing his mum to go and save him!!!
Firecracker

Postby sea sprite » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:14 am

Aaarghh! My mind has gone blank! I love the books, so it's so hard to pick individual bits. I love all the descriptions of the festivals though. I'll have to have a flick through the books to refesh my memory (any excuse!) Now I know how the story (so far) has turned out, I like the bits where Magus thinks he is getting the better of Yul (ie, sending him to Quarrycleave, locking him in the outbuilding), although when I was reading them for the first time, I was so worried that Yul would come to harm :(

I also LOVE Kit's desription of the first time that Yul sees Quarrycleave. It's so evocative :)
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Pixiedust » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:43 pm

The bit that sticks in my mind is when Sylvie is visiting Magus and getting too close to him. I was shouting and screaming at her, the dog thought I was nuts and ran around barking.
Looking for the bright in the dark. xxx

http://faerienuff.blogspot.com/
Pixiedust

Postby Beantighe » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:07 pm

The dog thought you were nuts???!!! :lol: What about the neighbours? :shock: I've got such a picture in my mind of you looking out of the window and seeing the police, the fire brigade and an ambulance all lined up, :lol:

*ducks and runs away*

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

DONT READ UNLESS YOU READ THEM ALL SO FAR

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:08 am

It's hard to say a fave with so many good bits so will get to the most moving.
Poor old Heggy & Siskin, really didnt see that coming and spoilt my day I can tell you. Just as well we had litchen roll handy :arrow: if that was a film i would have needed wellies on :lol:
Carprimulgidae

Postby sea sprite » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:04 am

I thought Mother Heggy would be one of the five, but not poor old Siskin :cry: That upset me too.
sea sprite x

~ Do as you would be done by ~
sea sprite

Postby Pixiedust » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:33 pm

Beantighe wrote:The dog thought you were nuts???!!! :lol: What about the neighbours? :shock: I've got such a picture in my mind of you looking out of the window and seeing the police, the fire brigade and an ambulance all lined up, :lol:

*ducks and runs away*

Love Beantighe

I don't know what the neighbours think sometimes, If I'm not screaming at my books, I'm singing at the top of my voice, I can't help but sing when washing up.

I've though of another favourite bit too:- Sylvie and Yuls first kiss under the Yew.

Pixiedust

Postby solsticedreamer » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:40 pm

i really love it when Siskin returns for the last time~even though it is so sad it is at the same time joyful :)

oh and when he is talking about the ancient wood henge :)
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:07 pm

you right SD, a wonderful bit of writting :wink:
Carprimulgidae

fav bits

Postby wendy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:50 pm

One of my favourite pieces of writing is in Moondance, when Magus is getting Sylvie to charge the eggs at the Corn Moon. Yul watches from a distance seething, and when it is over, he goes to the Stone Circle and lets forth his wrath. The writing is so moving, my eyes could not move over the words quick enough and i felt for Yul so deeply. Glad Mother Heggy looked after him.
wendy

Postby Pixiedust » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:16 pm

OOHH Wendy that is a good bit!

Pixiedust

Postby kit » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:34 pm

It's one of my very favourite bits too. Yul calling up the storm, summoning the elements when he's practically an element himself - I love that bit. I know it might seem strange for me to be commenting on my own creation, but it never felt like that when I was writing. It just all appeared, as I was typing - none of it was planned. Mother Heggy's and Siskin's deaths reduced me to tears. I really didn't want them to die. I know this must sound weird to you all. :shock:
Visit the Stonewylde website at www.stonewylde.com and my blog on www.moongazygirl.blogspot.com
kit

Postby Beantighe » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:09 pm

Crikey, Kit, that's amazing! It's almost like you channeled the stories! I can imagine that by then all the characters had taken on such a solidity and a reality to you, it must have been like you were reporting something you had already 'seen', and talking about people you knew personally, rather than making it up as you went along. Wow, what a talent!

Love Beantighe
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

fav bits

Postby wendy » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:10 am

AWESOME. Powerful word but this is powerful stuff!!!!!!
wendy

Return to Stonewylde Series