yes
83%
no
17%

Total votes : 6

Doing our bit

Postby Carprimulgidae » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:40 pm

A good link for you to look at and take up the offer

http://www.ecoverwateraid.com/en/get-involved-en/water-info-request-en,30,CON.html

Do your bit :wink:
Leave nothing but foot prints, Take nothing but pictures )o(

Carprimulgidae

Postby Carprimulgidae » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:17 pm

dont all rush at once or they will run out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Will do but not done it yet! I think I already have one in the cistern - will need to check as it is a small modern one so uses little water.
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Carprimulgidae » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:54 pm

we are ok we still got the loo at the bottom of the garden, wooden seat with a hole in.... nice and warm :lol:

Carprimulgidae

Postby Sujee » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:52 pm

Except for the spiders which are just waiting for you to go in there in the dark... Ugh!!
Love and Light

Sujee
Sujee

Postby Moongoddess » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:36 am

Carprimulgidae wrote:we are ok we still got the loo at the bottom of the garden, wooden seat with a hole in.... nice and warm :lol:

Sound like one I used on a farm in Belgium, many moons ago.....only there were two wooden seats with a hole....... :!: :oops: :shock: Very cosy :wink: :lol: :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby kattaddorra » Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:51 pm

We had an outside lavatory (as they were called then) with a wooden seat with a hole in,when we were kids and my poor brother fell in the hole one day.The men only came weekly to clean it out and they were due next day, so you can imagine what a state he was in ! :lol:
http://clawsforever.ning.com/

As ye sow,so shall ye reap
kattaddorra

Postby Moongoddess » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:41 pm

kattaddorra wrote:We had an outside lavatory (as they were called then) with a wooden seat with a hole in,when we were kids and my poor brother fell in the hole one day.The men only came weekly to clean it out and they were due next day, so you can imagine what a state he was in ! :lol:

Oh my :shock: :shock: :shock: [smilie=msn_sick.gif] [smilie=msn_sick.gif] [smilie=msn_sick.gif] I'll bet your mother wasn't impressed :lol: :lol: :lol:
Moongoddess

Postby solsticedreamer » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:34 pm

done :D

when i was about 8 we lived in an old railway mans cottage with an outside loo and no bathroom....sis and i were bathed in a tin tub in front of the fire :lol:
The Only Thing Greater Than the Power of the Mind is the Courage of the Heart
http://solsticedreamer.blogspot.com/
solsticedreamer

Postby Beantighe » Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:10 pm

I remember being bathed in a tin bath in front of the Aga and my dad and grandad when I was five! :oops: but I think that was because the downstairs bathroom was too cold. Our bath was made of one block of green marble. It came from a big house whose contents were sold off, probably after the war.

Until I was 11, we had no indoor toilet. Our khasi was in a little house which stood on a knoll surrounded by its own little grove of trees - mostly yew and laurel - in the corner of one of our chicken runs! Dad used to have to dig a hole and empty the bucket once a week too. (We had the best show of bulbs in Spring in the area!) I remember once a wren built its nest against the lintel above the door. It was lovely to watch the bird fluttering in and out to feed the babies while you were sitting there!

The difficulty was, when you were dying for the loo and you still had to make sure the gate was shut, all the while looking over your shoulder for the vicious old cockerel, which would charge out of nowhere like a raging beast, its razor-sharp beak glinting in the sunlight, aiming straight for the back of your legs! Many were the times I did an Olympic sprint to the loo, reaching it just in time to slam the door on that wretched bird's beak!

That cockerel terrorised us, and lorded it over all the hens. Once he tried to attack mother while she was dishing up a hot mash into the trough one frosty winter's day. She threw a stone at him, not meaning to hit him, just to scare him off, but her aim was too good, and she caught him on the head. He went down like a pole-axed steer. 'Oh my goodness', she thought, 'I've killed him. He's for the pot, then! Waste not, want not!' Then, just as she reached down to pick up the unfortunate bird, he stood up and crowed!!! :lol:

Oh, you do see life down on the farm!
May the Circle be open, but unbroken
Beantighe

Postby nikki/tony » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:23 pm

THANKS CARP one more thing to save water allways welcome were on a meter ,we have water butts ,wormary,compost heap ,chesters recycling is fantastic hardly fill one bin bag a week now ,and saves us a fortune .nice one c :o :P :P :P
wytchwood
nikki/tony

Postby nikki/tony » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:35 pm

heheh just read the other posts we lived in a place in wales ,all thefarm buildings were converted into flats we lived in the pigsty the man who owned it all was greek so it was welsh exteria greek interia white washed walls ,wonderfull place miles from anywere and up in the mountains views were breathtaking espessially from the outside loo it was round the back ,never forget running out one night in the pitch black ground covered in snow realising how much i resembelled ma clampet ! trench coat , long wool skirt an old army boots (make good biker boots ) :lol: :lol: well at least i was warm!
wytchwood
nikki/tony

Return to Festivals and Pagan Stuff